CE Auto Electric Supply

CE Auto Electric Supply - Product Development . . . a means to and end . . .

So, many of you have tuned into my You Tube channel and many of you have read at least my first book - thank you. I guess I was dropped on my head one too many times as an infant because I've made a career out of what most people hate . . . automotive electrical.

My career in car audio dates back to 1983 or so when I began installing stereos in friends' cars in my parents driveway. In high school, everyone knew me as the authority in car audio. I think it must have been the fact that I was enrolled in electronics in my junior and senior years in high school that made me really wonder and think about why certain things behaved the way they do. In that time, I have had the pleasure of working under and alongside some of the greatest minds in car audio - that would be a VERY long list.

Let's fast forward to today. Let me bring you up to speed on how the product development cycle at CE Auto Electric Supply works.

1. I identify a problem - one that is recurring. This may be something that is often mentioned to me by hot rodders, car builders, or one that I see you guys discussing within the forums here at SMD.

2. I design a solution to that problem. Now, I pursue the solution from a cost is no object stand point. IE - I design it exactly as I would implement it in one of my own vehicles with a somewhat unlimited supply of resources to choose from. This solution becomes the prototype of a product.

3. If the product requires installation in a vehicle, I recruit someone local to get the prototype installed in one of their vehicles if I cannot do so in one of mine. This part of the process is the most critical as I will fine tune cable lengths, components included, etc. to represent what I actually needed to perform the installation to my satisfaction. Rest assured, I have one of the largest selections of hardware and components you've ever seen . . .

4. Once the installation is complete, I analyze its performance - Does this do what I claim it will do? Does this solve the problem sufficiently? I have thousands and thousands of dollars worth of tools to make this determination.

5. If an installation manual is required, then I develop this from scratch corresponding with the installation of the prototype - sometimes in multiple vehicles. All of my manuals are written in plain English and include many full color photos to guide you along.

6. Only after the above are complete, will I determine what I need to price this product at to make an honest living.

I don't develop products in a vacuum. I don't develop products to be cheaper than some other guy. I don't develop products that don't solve problems. If I say it works - it works, period. I'll stake my reputation on that. This is not something new for me. I'm not interested in having a cable line of my own just so that I can offer it cheaper than someone else. I'm not interested in being a "me too" operation. What I am interested in is offering world class products that work exactly as I claim they do at a fair price. Such products include the best of the best in the box, which is why my products aren't priced at flea market prices.

Recently, I had one of my largest automotive customers tell me, "I've been buying automotive accessories for 20 plus years. Yours are the best thought out of any I've ever purchased - everything works together so well!" THAT is what I strive for. I get a TON of similar positive feedback, even from those that have been working on automotive electrical systems as long as I. If you choose to buy one of my kits or books, you will be capitalizing on every single thing that I know. This is not my hobby - this is my passion.

Thank you to the many here at SMD that have supported me. And thanks to my great friend Steve Meade, whom has been an inspiration for me.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Sounds like you design your products properly, to work and perform as they are intended. I think any business should do the same, sadly that's not always the case. I have loved car audio because you truly can find a lot of quality and it's men like you that make it possible! I respect you highly for that and will surely recommend your products.

I'm gonna hate

I can most definitely attest to this statement by Tony. I came to him with a random idea. I wanted to be able to completely turn off channels 3 and 4 on 3 separate 4 channel amplifiers, those channels run my rear speakers. Tony knew exactly what I wanted and exactly how to accomplish it.

This was the result.

0EEA581E-A61A-495C-B25B-279322C56160-3774-0000027439C141AE.jpg

Was it cheap? No. But it is worth EVERY SINGLE PENNY! It works flawlessly just as Tony said it would. It also came with a wiring diagram that a child could understand.

If you buy from CE Auto Electric Supply, you can rest assured you are getting every bit of your monies worth, plus some!

At first I thought your products were extremely over priced. But it's the same as me charging alot of box builds.

You're not just paying for the material and labor, you're paying for the ingenuity, craftsmanship, and the relationship.

It was hard to grasp at first but after checking more of ur stuff tony and realizing how much of a grasp you have on 12v it easily justifies ur price.

Thanks for sharing and it's great u enjoy ur job so much

Scion tC SQ Build
iPad mini, lots of fabrication, daily driven
Ford Explorer C Pillar Wall Build

Just a cheap car to destroy with bass :D

Thanks! Case in point - The Big 3 Upgrade. The way that most attempt this, it's at best an upgraded charge lead. My kits are designed from the ground up to improve the performance of your charging system with relationship to your audio system. They work exactly as I claim they do, come with every single thing that the user requires, require no specialized tools to install, come with step-by-step full color instructions, and they are extremely affordable.

Funny thing is, my car audio customers want inexpensive alternatives to things like quality battery clamps and fuse holders. Whereas most of my hot rodder customers will take functionality over price every time. The bulk of the RF and JL Audio battery clamps and fuse holders that I sell go to that clientele. The bulk of the military style clamps that I sell go to car audio customers.

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Great quality, well thought out products.

And crazy helpful dude (that's probably TO smart) that will give you the shirt off his back. Literally !!!... Took our phone calls in the AM on a Sunday, because he knew we where away from our home.

Great great, trustful guy. With service and products to match.

I snagged and used said big 3 kit. I myself will only go this route.

Thank YOU TC..

Klb