Sonic Electronix

Is trading Laptop for 2 kicker 15'' cvr feasible?

was just wandering if it was feasible to possibly trade my laptop for 2 15'' 4 ohm kicker cvrs...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-Charcoal-Gray-15.6-2000-bf69WM-Laptop-PC-with-AMD-E-300-Accelerated-Processor-and-Windows-8-Operating-System/21150613

thats the link for the laptop... only few months old i bought it from bestbuy like 6 months ago.. has windows 8 installed runs perfect never had a virus etc.

i was wandering since the kicker 15'' cvr 4 ohm goes for 105$ a PIECE on amazon... 2 brand new would be 210... the laptop worth double that new.. but again were talking used cvrs and used laptop, just let me know something

I honestly wouldn't do it, CVR's aren't worth the trade in my opinion, and the laptop is worth more as well, and more useful as well.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

thats what i was thinking too, the person on the recieving end of the laptop would come with the better deal... im just tired of my laptop really and would like to upgrade from these cheap hfx12d4 to 2 cvr 15s lol... they bang hard when wired right an all but id rather have 2 15s, i was thinking of doing 2 18s in my 97 maxima but would have no trunk left.. lol.

Omega5002

I honestly wouldn't do it, CVR's aren't worth the trade in my opinion, and the laptop is worth more as well, and more useful as well.

what should i try to trade them for then? any opinions? right now i got 2 HFX12d4 on 2 ohms sealed off etc, they bang hard as 2 cvrs honestly with it all set right ... i really was looking at the trunk today when i tore it all down in 97 maxima... i could cut just a small portion of the seat walls or w/e and fit 2 18s back there but wouldnt have a trunk left when i build around it

Omega5002

what should i try to trade them for then? any opinions? right now i got 2 HFX12d4 on 2 ohms sealed off etc, they bang hard as 2 cvrs honestly with it all set right ... i really was looking at the trunk today when i tore it all down in 97 maxima... i could cut just a small portion of the seat walls or w/e and fit 2 18s back there but wouldnt have a trunk left when i build around it

If you want a good upgrade, then I'd go with these due to build, quality, and price isn't bad either, and they go from 12' to 18'.

http://obsidiancaraudio.com/index.php?id=6

I run a CVR myself, and it's alright for the $60 I paid on mine, but there is so much better out there.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

those look nice, pretty much exactly what i was looking for, something around 500-600 rms =)

They are underated as well, but in my opinion, you really should stick with 2 15's sealed off from the trunk, 2 18's sounds like a pain in the ass to fit in a trunk, and you should give yourself room for the amps, and possible batteries. And if you're worried about numbers, there's a guy here, Oren, who has a 150+ setup with 2 Sundown Nightshade 15's on his 98' Maxima, so there's potential there for you as well in the future if you wanna do anything like that.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/129435-6k-trunk-build-sundownxs-powerrf-major-updates-1514-db/

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

Archived