DC Sound Lab

Out at DC HQ for the week!

I got my ass handed to me by Rusty's van!

That thing is no joke...before I sat in that van, the loudest I had heard was probably a 145. Talk about a big surprise! I had no clue what I was in for!

Anyway, I'm looking forward to some pics and vids :drinks:

Doesnt matter, everything done here at DC is done from scratch. Recones are all hand assembled one piece at a time. So are the subs.

Let see if I remember these steps right. I am sure Rob will let me know what I missed.

1) Put motor on table

2) Mount basket on motor

3) Set coil height on jig/set coil in gap while on jig.

4) Set bottom spider on coil

5) This is the tricky part--- Glue bottom spider to coil without gluing the inner most roll. This is a really tricky bead to lay.

6) Set shims in coil and put glue on spider landing

7) Set coil in motor, setting bottom spider in glue

8) Set additional spiders based on how many are needed for build. Glue joint on outer ring of spider and inner ring set to the coil.

9) Make sure CA is fully saturated through spiders and activate the entire pack.

10) Solder leads to terminals or install direct leads

11) Test fit cone to ensure perfect fit.

12) Lay glue bead on basket lip and around coil and set cone in place.

13) Solder spider leads to copper strips from coil.

14) Lay glue bead to join the cone to the coil and spider assembly(Triple Joint)

15) REMOVE SHIMS!!!!!

16) Set dustcap

17) Done!

I think I got it all. Im gonna hear it from Rob in the morning if I didnt.

There is SOO much more that goes into building subs and recones that people just dont even know. Every single sub that goes out the door is hand assembled right here in Reno. No pre assembled recones from China that are just dropped into subs and shipped out. Rob and Rusty truly take pride in the product that they build and wont send anything to a customer that is not 100% perfect. Every motor is inspected for blemishes, every basket is inspected for defects, and every cone is inspected for flaws. There is a table full of motors/subs that are b-stock that have nothing functionally wrong, but maybe a small scratch in the chrome that they will not send to a customer.

• Like (+1 Rep) 4