Sundown Audio

So I was just scrolling through woofersetc and ended up impulse buying 2 sundown e-12's. I was really just looking for something at a cheap price and since i'd never tried sundown i thought i may as well now. Now I did this without reading any reviews or anything haha. But i assume that these should be some pretty good subs, only thing i'm not liking now that i look at the specs is the 12mm xmax.. But i'm kind of curious as to the box specs that i should stick with to get the most out of these, daily, and i'm planning on using around 1200 watts.

c'mon now, if i was shooting an 8 year old, it wouldnt be MY 8 year old.

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Sedan

Build in Progress

Those are gonna hit bro. I hear nothing but great things about the E series. You'll love them. Stick em' in a box with 2 cubes net volume per sub. So 4 cubes net total. As for tuning, do you want to get low or what? Also the port area per cube should be 14-16.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Those are gonna hit bro. I hear nothing but great things about the E series. You'll love them. Stick em' in a box with 2 cubes net volume per sub. So 4 cubes net total. As for tuning, do you want to get low or what? Also the port area per cube should be 14-16.

yeah i'm trying to get low, it's been a while(about a year) since i've had any bass in my car, last setup i had were 2 lvl 4 15's. But 2 cubes per sub even when they're getting somewhat overpowered?

i recently got a Pyle PL1590BL and i was building an enclosure for it tuned to 25 hz. i didn't have any tools to cut a circle so i hit it with a big hammer.

Build in Progress

Yeah they'll handle it just fine. They wont see the full 1200 watts anyways due to box rise and such. I'd say tune it to around 32hz.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

Yeah they'll handle it just fine. They wont see the full 1200 watts anyways due to box rise and such. I'd say tune it to around 32hz.

alright cool, it'll prolly be an apsm1500, just trying to save some money haha :P. But okay i'm gonna get to torres and start designing

Build in Progress

Those 1500's only put out around 1100 watts cleanly. So if you have a DMM tune the gain to put out 1.1k.

1996 GMC Sonoma
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

buy my 2k and then it will be all sundown :)

where have you been dude? ever since i bought your batt you split

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

dude i've been tryin to figure life out lol, i went to uk for a year, and took this semester off because i thought i wanted to sell cars (typical dumbass me) so i'm going back and getting back into audio, i actually think i might go into sound engineering. But has your number changed? I've got a guy from with an 859 area code asking me to build a box for him, and its from craigslist, but somehow he knew i was me on here. Part of the reason i got outta the whole car audio scene to begin with was because when i was at school i literally had nowhere i could work on my car or anything, but now i'm back at home and just itchin to build stuff.

Edited by iKidwell

Build in Progress

My number is still the same and I feel you on that figuring life out stuff

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Often you will find x-max figures listed as two-way figures; we only list one-way -- It's also a legit 70% BL figure (industry standard 10% THD figure) and not a made-up method of calculating x-max as is pretty common on entry level products.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg