Sundown Audio

help me find a amp(s) please

mrwigglezdj

Here's what I would do...

Given your 12 count I would break it down into 2 groups of 6 That will give an ohm load of 1.3 Series / parallel OR .33 parallel / parallel each group.

I would look at the Hifonics Goliath, it puts out 5K at 1ohm.

That would work well with one amp if you ran all 12 off it for the time being at .66 ohm. With box rise you will be around 1ohm anyway Then when you have the cash get a second one and strap it or seperate it off.

Sometimes amps will put out more power if there not strapped.

BTW hit up WCA Rusty for a killer deal on a goliath.  :^

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/forums/in...hp?topic=1417.0

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

well i just got off the phone with a sales man from o2 audio , and since i have a resale cert in the state of fla, he told me instead of me buying the amps at or above dealer cost, how about becomeing a dealer, not a delaer/distrubtor ....i was like well that works as well as long as i can get the amps i want when i want em..so hes faxing me some info in the next hr to fill out and send back so i can beggin selling and buying direct on the o2 products.... :^  so here in the next week or so i might try a group deal so i can buy a bunch of the amps at one time (3000D's) and get a better discount on them  ;)  there is no buy in amount for o2 audio but if the order is under 1500 shipping isnt free but thats alrite in my book

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

look into the RF T40001bd or hifonics BXi2006s

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

hifonics is pretty affordable and they put out some good power.

2-DC 15XLM2 D.7s

1-DC 5K amp

(1) XS Power D6500(UNDERHOOD) and (1) XS3000(REAR)

3 runs 1/0ga for power and 2 runs of 1/0ga for negative.

(2)-RFT165s components, ...... 4 separate 1 inch tweetersRF T600-2(fronts) Punch 450.4(rear)

Audiocontrol 3.1.

DC power 260amp alternator w/MLA Module

only thing is, how good is a mosfet compared to the PWM Power Supply? thats whats in the a3000db and it makes some noise when its cold as shit outside. im thinkin thats the power supply that sounds like a fan right?

A MosFET is not to be confused with PWM.

PWM = Pulse Width Modulation.

And it means exactly how it sounds. It is a Pulse generating device used mostly in SMPS (switch mode power supplies). It directly or indirectly drives the gates of the main switching devices. The reason for the 'modulation' is that it has an input the engineer can utilize to manipulate the duty cycle out the outputs waveforms (the pulse width).

MosFet = Metal Oxide Semiconductor Field Effect Transistor.

A revised semiconductor technology. Still not as good as BiPolars IMHO. But everyone likes to use them because of thier outstanding temperature coefficient. They slew *almost* as fas as Bipolars, and the technology is growing. Hitachi makes a lateral MOSfet with NO secondary breakdown! (this gives a lot of audiophiles wood)These are slowly creeping into the audio market, but I don't know if anyone is using them in car audio yet.

Typicly a PWM device is used to drive MOSfet devices in your amplifiers Power supply. The topology is a little different for class D output solutions and is not quite used the same way. Perhaps 75% of the designs out here in the mobile industry Use PWM + MOSfet's in the PS. Just a couple terms marketing likes to badge the amps with to add extra inches to your PP when your stareing at it.

Ya underdig?

- Matt

SMDsigbannr4.jpg FTW?