New to the competition world need advice!

Hey so i'm new to the spl competition world and want to ask a few questions.

So i have a jetta wagon and have a 39" by 24" by 15" area in my trunk for a box (that will keep the port if facing back about 5 inches from the hatch.)

So i was wondering what woofer size and # of woofers i should run to have the most out put?

What i can think of so far is

2 12's

1 15

2 15's - (maby like SA 15's or Z 15's who like smaller boxes)

1 18

(will probably get around 6 cubes max after port displacement) aero or slot

also i plan on running 2 batteries in total and one amp AQ2200D for now (3500 if i can get a HO alt)

I have ran one 15" and scored a 144 Db and now have a daily box with two 15's but is above the window line so i cant compete.

so the last question i ask is what classes can i compete in if i have 2 batteries no wall and with the variably being the # and size of woofers?

If you can answer any of this and have advice from a vet it would be much appreciated.

2003 VW Jetta Wagon AA Mayhem 15's Flatline BA2 2 XS D3100's in rear Shuriken BT80 under hood

Mike Singer 250A SHCA and KnuKonceptz wire Big 4+

AQ / Dayton pro mids+monsoon tweets

My Build : http://www.stevemead...35#entry1989435

if your trying to do spl competition, then things get much more complex than with a musical system. its nearly impossible to predict everything that will be optimal, and is especially difficult to predict what an enclosure will do.

once you get into competing, everything becomes try it and test. it also becomes very expensive if you want to actually have a chance.

Owner of BigAss Ports

VTLOGOnotext.jpg.667f65a91c14a3f8b00ad9ab5ecdb92f.jpg

price range? what can your pocket handle?

then from there maybe someone can suggest what class would give you the best chance with what you can afford.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

in the lower class range you dont have to have as deep of a pocket to at least place. i know there in fl where he lives it will be harder but with used equipment and finding good deals on wire he would stand a better chance. it is all in the install, hard work and attention to detail he could still place with a budget in a small class.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

SPL is a different animal.... it's one of those things that you really have to get your hands on and do work! There are lots of theory and methodology to SPL that you'll need to explore. Assuming if you want to be competitive on a budget and you're chasing strictly numbers, those sound quality is out the window. Quantity isn't always the best route and having a bigger sub doesn't mean it'll be better for your application.

What org are you competing in?

My Build Log- T E A M S U N D O W N A U D I O -

2013 DbDrag WF SS1-2 - 5th Place 154.6db

2013 MECA Mod3 CA State Final Champ 153.4db