Sonic Electronix

just ticketed for "unnesscary noise"

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know what im gunna do, I Have a exhaust leak already and am ordering new exhaust on friday ill just tell the judge it was a leak and I got new exhaust so i fixed it

You strike me as young and honestly dumb. When a cop writes someone a ticket, a lot more goes into his copy than the driver, year, make, model, etc. They have to specify the time, location of the stop, cause of the stop, sometimes the weather (not 100% on this one), what happened during the interaction following the initial stop, and what they cited you for. The judge gets a copy of they officer/deputy's report. Your "exhaust" story wouldn't check out especially if he specified in the report about your stereo. Just pay it and move on. Here its only a $75 fine for a noise ordinance violation. Basically if they can hear me beyond 25ft away theyll cite me for it. If a cop can feel it in his patrol car, chances are he's gonna stop you. It's a lesson you gotta learn, your just doing it the hard way.

I don't know the laws in your area o.p., but here in Kansas, if you are not in city limits, there ain't no cotton picken carn flargin noise ordinance. If i wan to jam the hell out on county roads, i can, if i want to jam out to some brooks and dunn on them there fancy smanshy hiway thingamajiggers, then i can. But you start that flizzle fazzle woopydoo shimbop jungle music in city limit? wooo doggies, you are in t-r-u-b-e-l!!!

Sigged XD.

I know what im gunna do, I Have a exhaust leak already and am ordering new exhaust on friday ill just tell the judge it was a leak and I got new exhaust so i fixed it

You strike me as young and honestly dumb. When a cop writes someone a ticket, a lot more goes into his copy than the driver, year, make, model, etc. They have to specify the time, location of the stop, cause of the stop, sometimes the weather (not 100% on this one), what happened during the interaction following the initial stop, and what they cited you for. The judge gets a copy of they officer/deputy's report. Your "exhaust" story wouldn't check out especially if he specified in the report about your stereo. Just pay it and move on. Here its only a $75 fine for a noise ordinance violation. Basically if they can hear me beyond 25ft away theyll cite me for it. If a cop can feel it in his patrol car, chances are he's gonna stop you. It's a lesson you gotta learn, your just doing it the hard way.

I can confirm that they include all of that extra stuff here in Texas as well. Weather and traffic conditions are also included, IIRC. I have only gotten a couple of speeding tickets, though. Stock stereo so no noise tickets and the glasspack in my truck really isn't very loud.

If we allow loud ass harly's, street bikes and trucks to drive around with racket reaching out past 50ft(which ain't shit) then they need to deal with bass. But I'm still respectful. My house is about 150ft from the ditch in front of the road. I hear harly's, street bikes way more often than bass. It gets annoying.

This. Definitely this. Loud trucks and bikes are allowed, but not just a wee bit of bass? Especially when it doesnt' travel nearly as far

Hell, when I'm at my dad's house, I can hear streetbikes racing down the nearby highway (about half a mile away). Also the loud glasspack exhausts are annoying as well, especially when you can hear them almost a quarter of a mile away it seems like.

2016 Ford Focus SE

No build log yet
DC Audio 1.2K
2x DC Audio Level 2 10"

I wouldve told the cop to look at it, then you'd probably get a warning.

1997 Trans Am WS6

Pioneer DEH-P5200HD

2 DC Level 4 M2 12s

4 cubes tuned to about 34hz

DC 3.5k

1/0 Welding Supply Ultra Flex

Stock 140A alt

Stinger Fuses & Fuse Holders

XS Power D5100

XS Power XP3000

The fact is, you dont need it that loud to feel it.

I guarantee if you start the car and play at a suitable volume (couple notches above where it just starts to be feelable) you can not hear/feel it from 50 feet away.

Driving is different, but you also take into consideration road noise (yours and theirs)

Ive driven by cops with a decent amount of db's (not saying my 12w3 is ground shaking) and they dont care

But you do live in a small farm town?

I lived in a 3k populated town and they heard my crappy cwm-6kits from a LONG ways away. And they were mounted in the doors almost at my knee.

Luckily i got a warning.

I would try to fight it and tell them that NOBODY was around and you just wanted to enjoy some music. You wouldnt give a farmer a ticket for making noise on his farm would you?

I mean you would really have to get some local town folk on your side for this one, but it might save you some money.

2010 HHR LT - DNX 6160 - sony xec-700 - sony xm-4040 for door mids - XM-6020 for tweets in a-pillar - saz1500d v1 - VVME RD-12 1.75 f^3 32hz

guru and president of the "cheap asses trying to beat up the block with bargain bin woofers" club

just wait, now you will get pulled over 15 times in two days for loud music even if you dont have any equipment in your vehicle

I know -_-

1998 Pontiac grand prix gtp supercharged2 12" Obsidain Audio V.1 on a 2011 zx1500.1 at 2 ohms. 20ft of Knuconceptz CCA 0 Guage. 2nd Battery is a Shurken BT-120. Box is 3.5cu tuned at 31.8hz sealed off from the trunk. 14sqft of Dynamat on the Rear deck top & bottom. Soon to be more for doors/roof. Gets low & loud

Did a 140.5 Sealed at Battle of the boom in June 2013 dropping to 12.7v (need a alt mines going bad)

Honestly after reading through the bullshit some things are not adding up here.

1) You state that your dad is a cop yet you come to an audio forum and ask us for advice? Umm wouldn't that be the first person you should go to being that your father is indeed a cop for 20+ years instead of a audio forum ?

2) You stated that you were going to get a new exhaust and tell the judge that it was an exhaust leak and that you fixed it? Again sound very weird being that anyone with some damn sense knows the difference between an exhaust leak and a fucking sound system. Why not ask your dad what you should do if he is indeed a cop? Why not have your dad to walk over and talk with the guy since you guys are neighbors

Most of the shit you are saying is now pretty hard to believe and if I actually gave a shit I would do more research as we here in the SMD community can not stand liars and do a pretty good job at exposing them. My suggestion is if indeed this story is true is to pay the ticket and move out of this post. Thanks you for taking the time to read.

Ninja

:ninja:

Archived