not everyone likes the dd-1? some rude comments

I recently read that a well respected amp person said the DD-1 was in fact causing issues with amps.

Don't know the validity of those posts since the person I saw post it want the amp person, but someone that had a conversation with him.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

He diddnt make it diamore engendering did but I guess u know more then they so since u do this for a living right?

atta boy, way to not read the op's posting and just read what he copy and pasted!

:boobs2:

• Like (+1 Rep) 4
idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

I recently read that a well respected amp person said the DD-1 was in fact causing issues with amps.

Don't know the validity of those posts since the person I saw post it want the amp person, but someone that had a conversation with him.

The thread is on caco if anyone wants to read it...DC section I think, DC 5k is the title

Team Flex Issues

here is something else he said..im kinda ranting right now lol

just got my hands on an SMD DD-1 to see whats what.

The DD-1 is not what it is cracked up to be. So much for "1%" distortion, the one that i have triggers at more like >5%!! Yet to test it precisely but there is a lot visual flattening of the sinewave before it triggers (my own tester triggers at ~0.5% before anything significant can be seen on the scope smile.png). Perhaps it is being confused by the ragged distortion that my test amplifier (A Tripath 2024 T-amp) makes.

The RCA lead supplied also seems a bit ghetto quality compared to the rest of the unit. Both disappointed with the DD-1, and pleased that mine performs a lot better.

He diddnt make it diamore engendering did but I guess u know more then they so since u do this for a living right?

atta boy, way to not read the op's posting and just read what he copy and pasted!

:boobs2:

Yep, Isn't he cute, like a little Steve Meade Jr., except he hasn't learned to read yet. haha

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

The thread is on caco if anyone wants to read it...DC section I think, DC 5k is the title

lol

Yeah.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

The DD-1 is not what it is cracked up to be. So much for "1%" distortion, the one that i have triggers at more like >5%!! Yet to test it precisely but there is a lot visual flattening of the sinewave before it triggers (my own tester triggers at ~0.5% before anything significant can be seen on the scope smile.png). Perhaps it is being confused by the ragged distortion that my test amplifier (A Tripath 2024 T-amp) makes.

The RCA lead supplied also seems a bit ghetto quality compared to the rest of the unit. Both disappointed with the DD-1, and pleased that mine performs a lot better.

if his unit works better how come its not on the market. or why havent we heard of it? if you get back in caco ask that question

I'm in no way agreeing with this, just posting what was said on caco.

"We have seen several cases where the dd-1 caused a similar problem with other amps. It is likely that it has some bad parts in the protect circuit. How it happens, I do not know, we just know how to repair it.Yours likely will be one of the $150-$250 range since it probably just has some bad parts in the protect circuit thanks to the DD-1."

Edited by tacomaguy1

Team Flex Issues

if his unit works better how come its not on the market. or why havent we heard of it? if you get back in caco ask that question

LOL i will..i didnt wanna post the name of the forum. some other ppl as well dont like it...what he uses is just a o-scope that he rigged up,

that is what it looks like to me