not everyone likes the dd-1? some rude comments

Here is a quote from CACO in a thread about a blown DC 5k.

I just want to share what db-r said to me this morning:

"We have seen several cases where the dd-1 caused a similar problem with other amps. It is likely that it has some bad parts in the protect circuit. How it happens, I do not know, we just know how to repair it.

Yours likely will be one of the $150-$250 range since it probably just has some bad parts in the protect circuit thanks to the DD-1."

I just wanted to quote what they said about the dd-1. If only I had allot of money then I and maybe more of us on here could go after Steve Meade but i don't have money. sad.gif

I'm definitely having someone else tune my gains and etc.

He be herpa derping guise! :3

But on a more serious note, the DD1 is to set the gain correctly, with a correct setup INCLUDING a battery that can handle the system, so technically the volt drop should not be that significant. And all the mumbo jumbo about "decibels" is a bunch of booshiet. He's the one that doesn't understand Steve's "methodology" and is too hard headed to want to even try and understand, if I do say so myself.

didn't steve do a video where he showed that the HV and the normal DD1 both can detect clipping at lower levels? and then in the video both were detecting the distortion before you could even see it on the O-scope?

edit: grammer

Edited by revoracing247
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

He's worried about how the DD-1 doesn't account for voltage drop, when he should be worrying about how to stop the voltage from dropping in the first place... :/

• Like (+1 Rep) 11

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

i think the issue is people tuning amps with the car on at 14.4 volts then later when you play and drop to 12 volts you get distortion/clipping

i tune with car off where the batts are at resting 12.8

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

He be herpa derping guise! :3

But on a more serious note, the DD1 is to set the gain correctly, with a correct setup INCLUDING a battery that can handle the system, so technically the volt drop should not be that significant. And all the mumbo jumbo about "decibels" is a bunch of booshiet. He's the one that doesn't understand Steve's "methodology" and is too hard headed to want to even try and understand, if I do say so myself.

Close, The dd-1 is designed to set amps at battery resting voltage, which is less than a system charging voltage. You are right about proper electrical, as you should not drop below battery resting voltage to reduce the risk of clipping. Not to say that clipping will absolutely happen if you do drop below battery resting voltage.

This is why you set gains using the dd-1 with the engine off.

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

people should read the manual.. if they did then they wouldnt have issues with voltage drop

by the way.. ave you guys noticed less voltage drop when tuned correctly? i did find it to be easier on my electrical

• Like (+1 Rep) 3