not everyone likes the dd-1? some rude comments

My take on it is either there was a defective parts in the Amp or the dd1 ... If not then wouldn't every amp blow because of the dd1? i have used it on 2 oxygen audio amp and a hifonics amp and have no problems... all well when i get extra money i plan on buying more products

Guest DC Power Kyle

This Tommy D'amonte guy who created the DD-1, what kind of credentials does he bring to the table again?

lol

Someone who invented the most efficient Car Audio Amplifier in the world. Go look at the T-15K

• Like (+1 Rep) 5

pick the most cheapest, flea market amp you can find. A Boss amp perhaps. And shove a DD-1 probe into it. I bet it doesn't blow. So if it doesn't blow, made of the cheapest parts there is, then what does that say about whatever amp that was that blew? I highly doubt it did FROM our product. I have never seen it EVER and sold 3,000 of them so far...not one customer called and said their amp blew.

I have an old Boss amp I'm not using any more. When I get my DD-1 I'll make a video of me tuning it, and it NOT breaking, and ask the viewer what the hell kind of cheap shit amp your running that breaks from tuning it with a DD-1, when I can tune this cheap shit Boss amp and it's working fine afterwards.

Probably start the video with tuning my Sundown amp, than say "You know what? Sundown makes awesome amps, maybe not every amp is up to par with Sundown. Maybe I should show you tuning of a crappy amp?"

Edited by BobbyG2
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

This Tommy D'amonte guy who created the DD-1, what kind of credentials does he bring to the table again?

lol

Someone who invented the most efficient Car Audio Amplifier in the world. Go look at the T-15K

Sarcasm senses are tingling

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

You mean not everyone likes the dd-1? When did this happen.

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

the biggest issue i see here is the DD-1 doesn't put a load on an amp. so how could it go into protect? nor does a DMM or O-scope.

All of these devices have a certain input resistance. Gotta limit the current.

i know this. but its not going to throw it so low its going to go into protect. that was my point.

NEUMAN

I had my T2500-1bdcp set with my buddies DD-1. I never had an audible issue. Then again, clipping isn't audible. He has recently decided to sell his DD-1 and buy an o-scope because he didn't feel the DD-1 was as accurate since the DD-1 sets gains off of a 50Hz tone whereas you can look at a range of frequencies lower through the scope while setting gains. Sp basically the conclusion was, although there is "no clipping" at 50Hz, there was still clipping present at other frequencies since he burped and played music in a lower range.

Now I don't know how much of a difference or how big of a difference it really makes. I'm just inputting the reasoning I've heard that actually seemed logical to me that maybe I could get a reply or even an answer for as opposed to this repetitive amplifier protection issue. The protection claim can easily be set aside regardless of reasoning because it could be so many other things.

And the friend took second at MECA world finals this year in S1 out of his trunk and it was his rookie season. I'm not bragging for him, I'm just saying that he has done A LOT of research in the past year so he based this season's knowledge off of things actually relevant today to base his judgement.

Edit: Jumped from phone to PC, typing on a touchscreen with big hands is a pain, ****ing typos.

Edited by Cashdollar2009

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

I had my T2500-1bdcp set with my buddies DD-1. I never had an audible issue. Then again, clipping isn't audible. He has recently decided to sell his DD-1 and buy an o-scope because he didn't feel the DD-1 was as accurate since the DD-1 sets gains off of a 50Hz tone whereas you can look at a range of frequencies lower through the scope while setting gains. Sp basically the conclusion was, although there is "no clipping" at 50Hz, there was still clipping present at other frequencies since he burped and played music in a lower range.

Now I don't know how much of a difference or how big of a difference it really makes. I'm just inputting the reasoning I've heard that actually seemed logical to me that maybe I could get a reply or even an answer for as opposed to this repetitive amplifier protection issue. The protection claim can easily be set aside regardless of reasoning because it could be so many other things.

And the friend took second at MECA world finals this year in S1 out of his trunk and it was his rookie season. I'm not bragging for him, I'm just saying that he has done A LOT of research in the past year so he based this season's knowledge off of things actually relevant today to base his judgement.

Edit: Jumped from phone to PC, typing on a touchscreen with big hands is a pain, ****ing typos.

When using a dd-1 you don't use a 50hz tone you use a 40hz tone