not everyone likes the dd-1? some rude comments

I had my T2500-1bdcp set with my buddies DD-1. I never had an audible issue. Then again, clipping isn't audible. He has recently decided to sell his DD-1 and buy an o-scope because he didn't feel the DD-1 was as accurate since the DD-1 sets gains off of a 50Hz tone whereas you can look at a range of frequencies lower through the scope while setting gains. Sp basically the conclusion was, although there is "no clipping" at 50Hz, there was still clipping present at other frequencies since he burped and played music in a lower range.

Now I don't know how much of a difference or how big of a difference it really makes. I'm just inputting the reasoning I've heard that actually seemed logical to me that maybe I could get a reply or even an answer for as opposed to this repetitive amplifier protection issue. The protection claim can easily be set aside regardless of reasoning because it could be so many other things.

And the friend took second at MECA world finals this year in S1 out of his trunk and it was his rookie season. I'm not bragging for him, I'm just saying that he has done A LOT of research in the past year so he based this season's knowledge off of things actually relevant today to base his judgement.

Edit: Jumped from phone to PC, typing on a touchscreen with big hands is a pain, ****ing typos.

How did he know he had clipping below 40hz? did he ever check with a oscope to bring out that conclusion while he had the dd1? and the dd1 checks for distortion not clipping.

That's why they don't deliver.

Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait.

You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start :D

I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.

I guess I could understand where he's coming from, because amplifiers put more/less power out at different frequencies because the subwoofer has different resistances at different frequencies, but I couldn't imagine that would make a big difference?

*New vehicle and system coming soon.*

There is going to be people who will hate anything with Steve's name attached it, and it has nothing to do with the product.

exactly. ill tell you what. setting gains in two minutes instead of finding my oscope thats now collecting dust realizing the batteries are dead and then trying to find batteries for it then fighting with it is enough for me. If you take the time to learn about how it works its really a great tool. I guess thats why they are using them at mobile solutions etc to teach the real intsallers. Not the shade tree DIY guys like us.

I know Damore doesnt have time for this shit, but I personally would be interested in them doing another tutorial video refuting the claims. Its not their job to refute claims, however, their past vids have been extremely informative.....and Im basically not going to take Joe Blows claims about a product if they arent from Damore

It wouldnt matter. Because the people hes making the video for would either not understand it or choose not to.

This Tommy D'amonte guy who created the DD-1, what kind of credentials does he bring to the table again?

lol

Someone who invented the most efficient Car Audio Amplifier in the world. Go look at the T-15K

among other technology used by RF

I do know one thing. this kid gredysra. I remember the thread here where he tried to say his dd-1 blew his amp. not his shitty electrical or the fact he even used it wrong. I can prove that if needed.

just goes to show you that people will lie to impress people

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I had my T2500-1bdcp set with my buddies DD-1. I never had an audible issue. Then again, clipping isn't audible. He has recently decided to sell his DD-1 and buy an o-scope because he didn't feel the DD-1 was as accurate since the DD-1 sets gains off of a 50Hz tone whereas you can look at a range of frequencies lower through the scope while setting gains. Sp basically the conclusion was, although there is "no clipping" at 50Hz, there was still clipping present at other frequencies since he burped and played music in a lower range.

Now I don't know how much of a difference or how big of a difference it really makes. I'm just inputting the reasoning I've heard that actually seemed logical to me that maybe I could get a reply or even an answer for as opposed to this repetitive amplifier protection issue. The protection claim can easily be set aside regardless of reasoning because it could be so many other things.

And the friend took second at MECA world finals this year in S1 out of his trunk and it was his rookie season. I'm not bragging for him, I'm just saying that he has done A LOT of research in the past year so he based this season's knowledge off of things actually relevant today to base his judgement.

Edit: Jumped from phone to PC, typing on a touchscreen with big hands is a pain, ****ing typos.

your friend is an idiot if that is what he told you. Absolute hogwosh.

not only that but it uses 40hz / 1000hz not 50. It has nothing to do with "testing at one frequency and now all other frequencies clip/distort". That is a classic answer from someone who has no clue how to set a gain and never has. Even with an O-scope, the industry standard, is 40/1000hz. Its just a reference and has nothing to do with the actual frequency that will be played AFTER the gain is set. So dumb haha......people are just amazing.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Back when I was having trouble with my opti6k I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something so I had another member on here hook his dd1 up to my opti and it showed distortion at 0 gain but my dd1 would show distortion at around 1/4 gain. We ending up hooking both dd1s up to his amp at the same time and his dd1 was showing distortion and mine was still showing a clean signal. I'm not hating on the dd1 just saying my experience with them. Both dd1s were hooked up to his amp in this pic:

IMG_20120909_152534.jpg

Used to have a loud truck

2009 Corvette Z06, H/C/I, 150 shot, g force tune, 730rwhp/690rwtq

2013 F-150 limited, MPT Tune, leveled on 35"s

I'm sure people will say the same about the vm-1. It's not as accurate as my stinger volt meter ect. Just bc it says SMD.

I've had my gains set with an o-scope and it took my friend about half hr or so. Plus I wasn't a big fan of it. Noticed a better difference with the dd-1 plus a lot of ppl where saying how 150$ is to much for parts that cost 30$ and cheap plastic. Well it works better and it's well build. Where a good o-scope would cost 4 grand? Yeah ppl dumb as hell.

I will admit that when I got my system DD-1 tuned it wasn't as loud as it was before, but it sounded CLEANER and I actually was able hear my mids and highs. So i have no complaints about it, yeah my sub blew a few months later, but it was being overpowered in a box I just built that was WAY to big for it, so that was a user error by me. I'd definitely get use it again on my setup :D

1898070_635754349830843_1457278514_n_zps

Back when I was having trouble with my opti6k I wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something so I had another member on here hook his dd1 up to my opti and it showed distortion at 0 gain but my dd1 would show distortion at around 1/4 gain. We ending up hooking both dd1s up to his amp at the same time and his dd1 was showing distortion and mine was still showing a clean signal. I'm not hating on the dd1 just saying my experience with them. Both dd1s were hooked up to his amp in this pic:

That's interesting, I had a similar result one time when my buddy and I were setting his amp. We both have the dd-1 but it "distorted" at different points. Couldn't figure out why when they were both grounded in exact same spot and all else was equal.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

i think the issue is people tuning amps with the car on at 14.4 volts then later when you play and drop to 12 volts you get distortion/clipping

i tune with car off where the batts are at resting 12.8

crap. will be re-tuning then. I thought it was better to tune while you were at 14.4. But that makes sense. Not super worried, it's only 500w

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

i have no idea how that is even possible. I can (and have) taken my original prototype, serial #0001 and put it next to serial #003000 and it would be exactly the same. I could put it next to an HV and have it be exactly the same. I even made a video showing they are all the same. I have no idea what you guys did, i wasn't there but something isn't right.

If you feel the product has a problem, send it in, i will take a look at it. Actually send them both in i would like to see for myself.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916