Is It Possible?? Need alt advice..

So i want to upgrade my alternator but haven't had much luck. i've tried to contact a few different companies with no avail. if ANYONE knows if they even exist it would be helpful. would probable require a custom housing. im looking for 210+ my car is 01 A6 C5, with the 2.7 biturbo.

b5RS4engine.jpg

At gance it looks like you would need to modify what seems to be a lower radioator hose or pipe (the part that wraps around the alt.

Do you have clearance in the vehicle to apply some mods there to fit a larger case alt ?

CURRENT SYSTEM:

• Alternator:
    1. Stock alt on mids/highs
    2. Isolated DC Power 270 SP - Charging @ 16.8v
  • Batteries: (2) XS D1400s
  • Power Cable: Double Runs of 1/0 KNU Kolossus Fleks
  • Headunit: 80-PRS
  • Sub Amp: DC 5.0k
  • Subwoofers: 2 RE MT 15s /PSI dual .7ohm recones
  • Subwoofer Enclosure: 9.1cubes @ 32hz - brutal.
  • Mids & Highs Amp: CT125.4
  • Active Components:
    • Mids RE XXX 6.5c
    • Highs - 3 RE XXX tweeters per side(A pillar)
  • Noise Control: Damplifier Pro all over the cab.

Build Log

If you do business with me please leave feedback here: FEEDBACK THREAD

Highest Legal Score: 151.0 db
Highest Musical 30 Second Average: 151.6 db

what companies did u call?

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

note" this is not the exact engine that is in my car, some of the hoses/clamps are a little different. i have about a half inch of clearance between the alt case and the cooler pipe. if that's not enough than id have to compromise of course. ive tried mechman and singer. no reply from singer... at all even after 3 emails. was talkin with a rep from mechman but didnt get very far..

note" this is not the exact engine that is in my car, some of the hoses/clamps are a little different. i have about a half inch of clearance between the alt case and the cooler pipe. if that's not enough than id have to compromise of course. ive tried mechman and singer. no reply from singer... at all even after 3 emails. was talkin with a rep from mechman but didnt get very far..

singer hast gotten back at me either.. few months back he would reply in minutes. now its taking a week

For 3200 watts I would say that you really do need a HO alt. check with DC power an see if they make 1. Or excessive amperage. U could also call up tenney alt an Iraggi alts. I'm sure one of those will be able to make one for u

My build

98 s10 2.2

3 american bass HD 15s with psi soft parts. (on there way here)

atomic at-3000.1 (soon) 146.2 outlaw @39hz., bad alt an bad batt when termed (old 2 12" build)

alpine 6.5s in doors

infinty 4x6s in dash.

clarion cz201 HU.

mechman 240a H/O alt

stuff i still need.

SHCA 2/0 wire

SHCA 1/0 to 2/0 adapters

Atomic AT-3000.1

Lots of sound deadner

new mids an highs, still debating on what to do.

A few Deka g31 batts.

We have a new line of Billet-Tech alternators that have interchangeable mounting ears. We probably could put something together that would be close enough for you to adapt in. We can put the right pulley and plug on it, that is no big deal. You can see pictures and technical drawings on www.billetalternator.com , if you measure your unit, you might find something close. The cool part about the Billet units, is that they use 6 phase hairpin stator technology to get output curves comparable to a large case alternator, in a small case sized package.

http://www.billetalternator.com/index.php/products/alternators.html

here are two that look like they might be close to your stock unit:

IMG_0165.jpg

black170.jpg

Archived