December 2012 SOTM Nominees -Sponsored by - Sundown, Second Skin & Mechman!! HUGE PRIZES

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

your build log needs to be on this site.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

if i could ied like to nominate myself, i dont have much of a system atm, but aint had time to acually do "custom" work on my truck yet, link to my build is in my sig

he said basic of basic, 2 10's on 1000rms, mids n highs active, i guess thats as basic as u get lol

link to truck http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=25060

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

i get you. but if they cant make an offering for your car you would probably already know that if you are in the market for an alt right? So why would you pick it if you didnt have that option? Thats my argument

Well, I'm just trying to figure this out to help be fair to the nominees that drive oddball cars seeking a new alt that end up winning, because of this

Mechman – An alternator to fit the winner’s vehicle.

And of course, what if the winner driving the oddball car gets 3rd place, and the alternator option being the only option left.

You see what I mean Nate, but I do get your point.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

What does it mean on the list how some are highlighted and some arent?

its just how it ends up sometimes. there is no rhyme or reason behind it.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

I am entering myself into this SOTM competition with high hopes of winning something no matter what it is.

I am 15 years old, I cannot drive, I do not have a car of my own, and I have NO money. This is my sound system built from the very cheapest or free items I could get my hands on. Everything in my system except wires and a level control was bought used. In this build you will see that lothing conventional was used to insulate rattles, a t-shirt jammed between the trunk pan and bracing worked well, as did the inner tube jammed under the rear dash, the batteries on top of the dash add a nice asthetic touch while helping keep it quiet, and the small pieces of foam wedged just about everywhere you can imagine tie the whole thing together as nicely as can be.

My system is comprised of A $45 kenwood head unit (forgot the model), two pioneer rear speakers ($10), a $6 level adjust knob for the amp, a walmart 1200w wiring kit ($30), a $40 Kenwood KAC-7204 1000w bridgeable amp, and a $60 MD sound (not smd sadly) 12" sub with dual 2 OHM voice coils, wired for 4 ohms due a low wattage amp that isnt stable at 2 ohms. I am very happy with how the car sounds (besides the infamous trunk rattle) mostly due to my beloved yet underpowered MD sub, I have never seen another MD in person, but myself especially and everyone I have listen to this thing would generally agree that this 1800w beast hits very hard for a 12" woofer, the sound quality is great, and you cant beat the price! My entire build took a day or two and costed less than $200.

I want to win this mostly so I can finally have either a decent amp or more importantly a better alternator (though the subs and the sound deadening material look equally nice).

The alternator in this particular toyota corolla is 80 amps, as a point of comparison my crappy 1000w amp draws 40 Amps (pretty nasty huh?)

Thanks for reading (assuming your not just looking at the pictures)

-Eddie

IMG_4547.jpgIMG_4550.jpgIMG_4551.jpgIMG_4555.jpgIMG_4556.jpgIMG_4557.jpgIMG_4559.jpgIMG_4561.jpg

Archived