XS Power

D3100s show only 380 cca after test

Hey everyone. I have 3 batteries in my system (Optima yellowtop, 2 xs d3100s) with a dcpower 270 xp alt powering a sundown 4500 at .5 ohms with 1000+ watts of mids/high power. Full tilt @ 2k rpm, i drop to arond 12.4-12.8 volts depending on the music. Well, i just got my car serviced at a dealership last week and they said that my optima battery was dead, but all 3 batteries were wired together, so I was wondering how they came to that conclusion. A buddy mechanic of mine decided we should test all the batteries with a device that measures cca. After doing the test, the optima battery had 32 cca (its over 3 years old), and the car wouldnt even start so it was clearly dead, but the xs batteries (about 8 months old) showed around 370 cca on one and 380 cca on the other when it should be around 1300. He claims that the device used may not be accurate to test the d3100 and to get it carbon load tested, but nowhere within 80 miles from where i live will do that.

My question is, why would the voltage be good on 1 dead battery and 2 bad batteries, assuming the device is correct. Any input would be great

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

assuming that whatever device he used was able to accurately measure the 3100s, it may be possible that the optima is pulling down the 3100s...and those 2 batteries could be what's holding up your system. This is also assuming the 2 XS are wired from your optima and not straight from the alternator. I would take the optima out and leave just the 3100s in and see if they return to normal.

Personally I wouldn't run optima batteries for our applications. Others say they are fine, but this is only my opinion.

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

assuming that whatever device he used was able to accurately measure the 3100s, it may be possible that the optima is pulling down the 3100s...and those 2 batteries could be what's holding up your system. This is also assuming the 2 XS are wired from your optima and not straight from the alternator. I would take the optima out and leave just the 3100s in and see if they return to normal.

Personally I wouldn't run optima batteries for our applications. Others say they are fine, but this is only my opinion.

yea i was hearing that too that the batts were stressing more, my deka intimidator just came in the mail today, but i am not sure if i should hook it all up since the xs powers may be bad

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

If the batteries were not charged fully prior to the testing, then you will not get an accurate test. Batteries should be fully charged and then allowed to sit for about 12 hours prior to the load test.

Do you ever put a charger on your batteries to top them off? If you purchased the D3100s from an authorized dealer and they are within 3 years of purchase, then you would still have warranty coverage. Either way if you want to send them in for testing just give the office a call. 888.497.7693 and they can get you a Return Authorization to send them to us.

Also post up the serial number on the side of the batteries.

Edited by Nathan@XSPOWER

RealPower800x135_zps58408f90.jpg