does anybody know the woofer displacement that with of these subs use. what i mean is using the Torres box calculator it asks for the woofer displacement and i was wondering if anyone could help?

because I'm gana have a local skar dealer put 2 vvx 8 or ma 8's i don't know which one they are putting in yet but. my box dimensions are

61 inches long

12 inches high

8 inches deep

which would be better for this box 2 or 4 of these subs?

Skaraudio.com has the displacement specs under enclosure specifications for the sub.

subwoofers - two eclipse 88120s

box - 3.4 cubes tuned to 32 hz

amps - aq1200 and pheonix gold zx450

New build :

2 obsidian audio 15s

same amp

6.1 cubic foot box tuned to 32 hz in a civic hatch

MA8 displaces .1cuft of airspace and the VVX8 displaces .075cuft of airspace. What this means is when you are making a box you have to account for this displacement. So if you designed a 1cuft box after wood displacement it would be .9cuft after the MA8 displacement. Hope this helps.

Retired from SPL again....

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 Champion 151.8db

2016 IASCA Truck/Trunk 2 World Record Holder

You have 2.3 cubes roughly before port or subs.

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

They recommend .5-.75 for each MA-8....After a good size slot port like 4"x6.5" and about 20-22inches long you get about 12in^2 port per cube...you have about 1.8 cubes left I think then sub displacement you could do 2 and you would get about 1.6cubic feet which is .8 per woofer... I think I would go that route..

This is a regular L port design...if you go with aero you will lose less space with the same port area/length...

Edited by Chris Hammer

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.