Second Skin Audio

who has tried a dual use box

Smoove

For my 03 350z I would like to build a box for an SA 8v2 that can be sealed or ported. I have seen a couple people try this and now I would like to try it. I want to built the box so that I could just slide out the port when I really want the lows and slide it in for tight bass. Wondering if anyone has box designs I could work from?

guess so it would work lol.

pretty sure steve has a changeable port.

just either 2 ports ( block one for smaller port )

or build the port for the larger size. then a insert to change it?

Thats what I was thinking, but I am hoping someone here has tried it and might have a recommened way to build it

i've seen barevids on youtube make his box with a port extension so when he's competing he can take it off and have a higher tuning

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

If you are going to go sealed/ported then i would recommend building a box that has an external removable port. That way you can build a enclosed block that goes inside the box, but screws on just like the port does, tat way it displaces enough air space so the box is the recommended volume for sealed.

does that make sense? I don't know if i explained it clearly.

Makes plenty of sense. Now I just gotta play with some measurements. I am thinking an areoport would be best for this

you know, if you build a ported box well, you can have the low bass and tight bass at the same time.

I am looking for the challenge of doing it hard way. I saw one done where the port was controlled by an electric slide. I thought that is badass and I have to try it one day. I wont go as far as an electric slide, but I wanna try it.

you know, if you build a ported box well, you can have the low bass and tight bass at the same time.

this !!!! my box is tuned to 28hz and i can still accurately play still fly perfectly

Archived