Sundown Audio

Sundown X-10 / X-15 / X-18 Prototypes Here

Will there be any gain or benifit to having the new basket on the 18 in place of the current one?

Obviously our tooled frames are MUCH stronger and have superior clearances. As far as the X line there won't be alot of benefit and it would add a good bit of cost; so the X line may retain the 6-spoke to keep costs in check and the larger lines get the new frame.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

This is what I am coming up with on pricing for these drivers :

X-10 : $329

X-12 : $349

X-15 : $389

X-18 : $409

This is MAP from any authorized dealers (which is a shipped price). We will also have pre-order specials as these are launched; they may not launch all at once for reference. The pre-order price is TBA but will follow suit roughly at the same type of % discount as past pre-orders.

It is based entirely on their cost to build and I have not figured in a single cent for the money spent on the new tooling or patent fees.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

This is what I am coming up with on pricing for these drivers :

X-10 : $329

X-12 : $349

X-15 : $389

X-18 : $409

This is MAP from any authorized dealers (which is a shipped price). We will also have pre-order specials as these are launched; they may not launch all at once for reference. The pre-order price is TBA but will follow suit roughly at the same type of % discount as past pre-orders.

It is based entirely on their cost to build and I have not figured in a single cent for the money spent on the new tooling or patent fees.

Props for not passing on business cost to the customer...You are truely dedicated. The baskets look awesome and super beefy... Im definitely in for one of the 10"s when preorder starts

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

Nice. pricing seems great for what your geting. Makes alot of sense to keep the baskets the same when you put it like that lol. I was reading through the thread and didnt see it but what are the official. X-max #'s for the x line? Also I was wondering if there are any plans for costom Coil configuration like .7 ohms and 1.4 ohms

Edited by kmak160

Nice. pricing seems great for what your geting. Makes alot of sense to keep the baskets the same when you put it like that lol. I was reading through the thread and didnt see it but what are the official. X-max #'s for the x line? Also I was wondering if there are any plans for costom Coil configuration like .7 ohms and 1.4 ohms

I will release official x-max after Klippel testing.

As for custom configs... I do not plan to offer that "stock" on this line as they are "mass production" drivers.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

I am very excited about this line... a truly high excursion line at reasonable prices. I had a very particular vision with this line in mind -- I was not happy with simply making an evolutionary step from the SA line as our previous prototype from a few years back was. I wanted a fully new platform line to delivery truly GREAT performance. I think once the final specs are released and people see / hear these they will be a big hit.

Another cool thing about the X series motor is that it can be pretty easily re-coned with many popular 3" coils from custom sources such as FixMySpeaker in case someone tears one up and wants to go that route smile.png Many 8-layer flats will fit the gap.

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

Damn, definitely gonna have to try a pair of these or the Z v.4's over the DD's some day. 10's though, for sure, just something about the big ass and tall surround on the 10 that I'll never be able to get over.

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang