Sundown Audio

I'm lookin to get 4 of these sundown sav2 8's. I really wanna drill the lows but wondering about cubic ft for all 4..? Any suggestions? Probably tuning Around 33 or 34 hz.

Thanks

2010 Dodge Charger

-Team Skar Audio

-Team XS Power

-Team HiMarc Automotive and Kustoms

-A&G Graphics

• 2 weeks later...

My box is 2 cu ft for four SA8v.2 D2 subs. thats the internal box volume. I also have a slot port, dimensions are 9.5" x 3" x 22". Its all the room I had left in the trunk to get the port to work. My tuning is around 36hz.

A 1.0 cu ft box for all 4 subs wont sound good. For a temporary sub system, before I finished my box, I had two Skar vvx8 subs in a tiny box, about .3cu ft per sub. They sounded horrible in there, and the subs didnt look healthy at larger volumes. Specs are similar for both brands, and so they do need a minimum of .5 per sub. Figure .1 cf for the displacement of the magnet and stuffing, so you want internal box dimensions to be a minimum of .6-.7cf. And ported is a must, they love ported. Sealed doesnt sound good.

You may want to look into perhaps building a setup with two 8s and one or two 12s. You;ll get the snap from the 8s as well as some lows, and also some truly deep lows with the 12. that has always been my favority setup, and I may switch to that.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm lookin to get 4 of these sundown sav2 8's. I really wanna drill the lows but wondering about cubic ft for all 4..? Any suggestions? Probably tuning Around 33 or 34 hz.

Thanks

4 cubes net will be fine for the 8"s . Those subs will surprise ya!

1 pr Sundown Audio Sa Cs 6.5 component set

1 Sundown Audio sax 125.4

4 Sundown Audio sa8v2's

2 1500's strapped to 2ohms

1 Tenney 270 alt

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...