CE Auto Electric Supply

OK, so every time a question comes up about capacitors - the resounding answer here is, "caps are junk - yank it and you're better off" . . . Now, let's get the obvious out of the way and curtail this discussion to quality capacitors - of which there are still a few brands to choose from.

Who can prove that yanking a quality capacitor is beneficial?

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Caps don't hold enough power to be useful - even nice ones will be drained in a fraction of a second

If its a quality cap I dont see how it could be bad... but what you see a ton of the time is people try to use them like bandaids to fix a power problem instead of an alt/batteries. I thought some burp vehicles use capacitor banks and some sq rides right before the amp to "clean" up the power since I don't knwo what the real term for it is.

I can't prove crap as most of these questions you ask, Snafu, go right over my head and the math/theorys invovled are above my education level.

Edited by Chris Hammer
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

MY BUILD *****http://tinyurl.com/gmcbuild*****

Vehicles

2005 GMC Canyon

CB1000r - Currently where any future funds are going. (exhasut,bazzaz, ohlins shock, screen, etc.)

crf250r - Used to be race bike..now I just trail ride..practice at the track on it.

CH80 - Daily beater (when nice weather)best 150$ ever spent. 100+mpg

Sold to:

Skullz - pstone11 - Leo1103 - Volvo 63' - pavelpardo - imnew59585

Shower farts still piss me off.

I think theyre pretty neat. When the water runs down your crack as you let one out... its like shitting in a crockpot.

cool, again I'm just going to remain quiet and learn as much as I can.

x2, too much knowledge about car audio eludes me. Snafu, teach.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

What the f**k is an appropriate signature supposed to look like?

2013 Kia Forte Koup

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT

iDMax 12

DD M1c @ 2 ohms

Rockford Prime 200.2

Pioneer 6.75" Comp Set

XS S3400, D2700

Project DB Battery Terminals

Axxess ASWC

Stinger HPM Everywhereeee

90 Sq. Ft. of Stinger Roadkill

Stock Alt

Stuff To Come

Sundown X-12

New Amp

New Comps

4 Channel Amp

My Current Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167462-13-kia-forte-koup-dd-setup/

My Old Build: http://www.stevemead..._+2000 +mustang

I've always wondered about capacitors (quality ones at least). I know that the Rockford Fosgate T15k uses capacitors so I would imagine if used correctly they would be beneficial. Now If you can get similar/better performance from a battery at a lower cost then the only benefit I see is the amount of space they take up and maybe effective lifespan of a capacitor, but I really don't know if a capacitor lasts longer than a battery.

If its a quality cap I dont see how it could be bad... but what you see a ton of the time is people try to use them like bandaids to fix a power problem instead of an alt/batteries. I thought some burp vehicles use capacitor banks and some sq rides right before the amp to "clean" up the power since I don't knwo what the real term for it is.

WOOOO ADD A CAP AND I CAN RUN 8K ON A STOCK 50A ALT AND GROUP 41 LEAD ACID BATTERY!!!!!11!!!1!11!

frabz-derp-c97d4a.jpg

Edited by Lbox88
  • Like (+1 Rep) 8