CE Auto Electric Supply

Wow - we have some thinkers here . . . :)

Looks to me like you've inspired some thought!

he always does.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

update?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

1st Setup(SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 Audioque SDC2.5 15 subs8.7 cubes at 37hz build DONEAudioque 1200d (Audioque 1200d Sold, similar performance to my ap1500)Diamond Audio Hex 6.5 Mids n TweetsCerwin Vega Exl 400 4 channel Bridged(also have MTX 4004 not being used)1 Run of power Knu Fleks 4 Gauge2 Cheap stock Battery setup2nd Setup (SOLD):2007 GMC YukonPioneer Avic F90bt

Audiocontrol Epicenter2 15 Kicker cvx (maybe two SA 15 in future)7 cubes net tuned at 34hzAlphasonik Old school 1600rms (ap 1500d sold GREAT Budget amp)JBL 6.5 Power Series Components, Infinity Kappa 6.5 3 ways, and 2 Kicker KS Tweets (LOUD)Cerwin vega exl4001 run knu Fleks OFC 0 gaugeBig 3 done1 Odyssey 1500, 1 optima yellow top d31

Waiting unpationately :runlaugh:

I have a question though.. They are based on something I read on a Norwegian forum.

Would I be right in saying that, when people are talking about this use of caps, the time frames presented are often way to long?

Like it's expected that the caps will help power the system for many seconds of a time, but in a properly designed setup it's more realistic to talk about milliseconds?

I would really appreciate if I could get a true/false on this.

Sweet..

I have somewhat of a theory in my head about this, but I think it'll stay inn there for now.

I would have a hard time explaining it anyway.

:popcorn:

I'm going to stick to my original answer for now, until snafu blows my mind with his awesome experiments. But I feel, properly built amplifiers have capacitors in them to account for sudden sharp spikes in draw. Otherwise, kick drums would cut out near the peak of the wave. I remember a thread here, maybe by snafu, that shows that amperage in the output stage of an amplifier follow voltage.

So if you were to look at the waves of pure sine, you would see a voltage rise, follow very closely by an amperage rise. Since capacitors are suppose to help sustain voltage, not current I don't know if they would be beneficial in regards to the output stage of an amp.

Plus, music is so dynamic, and the argument for capacitors seems to be that it makes bass it harder, doesn't add up to me. If you are listening to music that has kick drum only, or the kick drum is completely isolated from the bass line, you could see some benefit i suppose. But when you listen to most music, there is a large draw on the electrical most of the time, I would like to know when the capacitor will have time to recharge.

That goes back to my other question about charge/discharge times. And when i use to mess around with small electronics i seem to remember that even small capacitors like what you would use on a pcb would take a moment to fully charge but the slightest hint of a load would empty them instantly. So, would a very large capacitor should more or less scale up as far as time to charge/discarge?

Snafu, you have all of us sitting here with our brains smoking. Lets see your results!

(I have trouble converting my thoughts to words, so hopefully that made some sense)

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

LOL . . . brains smoking? Like usual, I've just been super busy. Rest assured, I will work this into my schedule but be patient with me. In the meantime, it's refreshing to see that I am accomplishing my objective and that's to get you guys to believe nothing of what you hear and half of what you see . . .

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Tony Candela - SMD Sales & Marketing
Email me at [email protected] to learn about becoming an SMD Partner!

CEAES_468.gif

Caps work for me. I got 63 in my van with no batteries and burp a 165+ with ease not even full tilt yet.

i would like to see some proof of this.

also, i edited your sig...you can't promote your business or your website in it like that without being authorized.

thanks!

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916