'01 Stratus 12" Type R - My first system

This is my first system I owned. I had this system for about two years now. I knew very little about car audio at the time. I used yahoo answers for all my knowledge (lol right?) until I found out about this forum. At first I just wanted a little bump. Well then I became addicted. I originally had a prefab sealed box, but then I learned about ported. I had no clue how to design/build a box so I just bought prefab again. But I made sure that it was a decent prefab. It never really sounded horrible to me and is actually pretty loud (to me) so I just have never got the urge to build a new box. Anyways onto the pictures :D

HU: Dual XDMA6415

Amp: Rockford Fosgate Prime R500.1

Sub: 12" Alpine Type R (SWR-1243D)

Box: Sound Ordnance BB12-200v (1.8cu ft @ 32hz)

Speakers: Sony Xplod by9's - anything is better than stock :)

Opening up all the goodies

0701112005.jpg

This is the box that I got, I recently put all its dimensions into torres and it actually isn't a terrible prefab. The port area per cube is bad though.

1111111419.jpg

myprefab.gif

Subwoofer in the box

mysub1.jpg

View from rear with seat up

mysub.jpg

Seat down

SDC13648.jpg

Semi clean wiring

SDC13642.jpg

The amplifier is actually this color. Up close it resembles wood grain almost. Over the last year the sun has faded the black I believe.

SDC13646.jpg

Side view with both seats down. Sorry the camera wouldn't focus for some reason.

SDC13647.jpg

I like still having the stock look, keeps the thieves away. That's why with my next build I am going to try and keep the 6.5 and tweet behind the grill.

SDC13651.jpg

My stock speakers were junk, so I replaced them with some xplods. Anything is better than stock ;) generally. These things are actually rather nice sounding.

SDC13652.jpg

SDC13653.jpg

Head unit Dual XDMA6415 - I like this head unit a lot, it's good for the price. But I would have gotten something different if I knew more at the time.

SDC13638.jpg

A video of it playing

'01 Dodge Stratass Sealed Trunk Build Log
2008 Honda Fit Sport Build Log

On 10/3/2013 at 10:00 AM, ROLEXrifleman said:

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

Looks like you did a clean install. Type Rs are not bad subs, maybe add a second one later on in a well designed box. Friend had 4 Type R 12s in a Celica on an AQ 2200D doing hairtricks, no wall.

Thanks!

I was planning on adding another type r, then I did more searching on other brands. My plan for my upcoming build is in my sig

Anyone who says they knew everything they wanted out of life at 19 can go suck a bag of dicks cause they are lying to themselves or brought up in a cult.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks!

I was planning on adding another type r, then I did more searching on other brands. My plan for my upcoming build is in my sig

wired it with 4 AWG? What kind of terminals did you use on your wire so it goes into the amp like that. I don't want to just stuff the wires in the amp.

Yeah it's close to 4 gauge. A little bit smaller, but not much. The terminal came with a wiring kit, and is called a spade terminal. I would assume that these terminals would work: http://www.sonicelec...by-Scosche.html

edit: spelling

Thanks! I appreciate it

Archived