Second Skin Audio

Enclosure Help

Kidder

Doing a temporary setup in a '98 Jeep Cherokee Sport using an 18" FI BTL (UFO motor). The music I listen to varies quite often but usually rap, hip-hop etc. Basically anything with bass and I love the lows. I have a feeling my net is a little on the low side and my port area per foot also seems like it may be on the small side. Not really sure where abouts I should tune for this. Keep in mind, not competing, not demoing I just want a daily setup for now I have been bassless for over a month now as I aquire pieces for the final build (2 18" n2's either on a nendo 5500 or AQ 3500 in which I already have the 3500 and the n2's..still needing alt, batt bank, 1/0 and possibly a new HU)

Oh and I fail with images, bare with me please lol.

btlbox_zps46771801.png

Also unsure of woofer displacement, couldn't find any info on it so I put what I believed to be a fair guesstimate. Wouldn't mind having the correct number if anybody happens to know it.

if you like lows you should tune to 30-32 hz.. At 36hz you will drop off around 31 right where the good lows are.

2-10 inch hx2's rfd2110 getting close to 1200 watts rms

PWK enclosure-rear loading folded horn

1-mtx 81000d

1-SAX-100.4

1-alpine h/u

1-set of cdt's euro components

1-set of alpine type's

i just built a box for a BTL 18 ufo motor pm me if you want the specs. but looking at yours mine looks a little bigger and tuned to 27hz

PM coming your way. I have room to go bigger if I need to.

Archived