Will i need a crossover?

When first beginning my build i did not think i would need one, but recently i read that if im going to have different sized speakers i will need one. I will be running 4 sundown NeoPro 6.5's, a pair of Rockford Fosgate T1675-S Comps, a pair of Rockford Fosgate Power T152-S Comps and two Hifonics HF8SQ. They will all be running on seperate amps which is why i belived i didnt need a crossover. Can someone please drop knowledge on me?

My Build: 2003 Chevy Tahoe

Pioneer DEH P7200HD

Tsunami 1/0 & 1/0 Welding Cable

Hifonics Gladiator 100.4

4 Sundown Neo Pro 6.5's

5.25 Memphis Comps

6.75 Infinity Comps

Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Well, thanks for the help. i still have a lot more questions about it, but it doesnt seem like anyone else is going to help. i will just keep researching it.

My Build: 2003 Chevy Tahoe

Pioneer DEH P7200HD

Tsunami 1/0 & 1/0 Welding Cable

Hifonics Gladiator 100.4

4 Sundown Neo Pro 6.5's

5.25 Memphis Comps

6.75 Infinity Comps

Do the thing you fear and the death of fear is certain.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

well I thought your comps came with xovers, to keep the lows from getting to the tweets and keep the highs out of the mids. Do you not have xovers for your comps? The answer to your question (do I need xovers) is Yes, for this part of the system. As far as xovers to keep the sub bass out of the mids, well you can use them, and they would be helpful, but you can get by without them. However, you wont be able to get the most out of your comps/system because you cant turn it up nearly as loud without distortion and risk of blowin a mid (aka bass mid, aka midbass, etc).

Doesnt your HU have some sort of xover built in? Do your amps, both the sub amps and the amps for the uppers/comps, have some sort of xover setup, like hipass/lowpass? You could use those if they're available. If none of the above, I would recommend an old school Audio Control eq control center. Its a little box connected line level, where you can adjust hipass/lowpass for each channel. ebay sometimes has them.

I would recommend x'ing over your neos too, no reason not to, they'll sound better and match the system better....

Just a question here ... But why did you choose so many different brands for your system ???

Kenwood / HELIX / Linear Power (For The Love Of Music) / Brutal Sounds / OverKill Electric Co 

Questions About Sound Quality ?? Try Here ... Sound Quality, What does it REALLY mean ?? 

SMD SOTM Winner "White Lightning" 1997 GMT400 Chevy Silverado   

"The Green Dickle" 1994 GMT400 Chevy "Phantom Dually"   

Randal's 2007 Chevy Avalanche (we haven't named this one yet)

Dylan's "Brutal" 17 Chevy Cruze RS Hatch                         

why different brands..... I never try to use all the same brand, I use what works best for the application. might be an Alpine deck, Memphis amps DD sub, MB Quart mids, ect,

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

Archived