The Big 3 (or 4??)

So I posted this in another similar topic and got no responses idk if it was the wrong one to post in or if just nobody seen it lol, so im will give this another shot.

The Big 3 upgrade:

1.I grounded my engine block to the frame(4g)

2.Upgraded power wire to alternator(4g)

3.Grounded battery to the frame(4g)

Now my question is do I ground my alternator to the frame too?? I just barely heard about The Big 4 (and there is only like 3 videos on youtube, but i dont think they explain to well???)

( and fyi the reason I used 4g is bcuz thats what I had to work with and also I only have 1 1800 watt amp, I WILL upgrade to 0g soon)

eddymack028

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I personally did the Big 4 upgrade on my silverado.

I did:

Alt to battery

Engine block to chassis

Battery negative to chassis

Battery negative to engine ground.

You are missing the battery negative to engine block ground.

I'm doing the Big 4 myself

I talked to Mike Singer about it, and he told me in his testings, he saw much better results from the Big 4 over the Big 3.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

I do a big 4 for reasons being i have an older car and the ground straps are bad or going bad.

I do the alt to battery.

Battery negative to engine.

Battery negative to chassis

Engine to chassis

You can never have enough grounds.

^^^posted as i was typing. lol

01 Ford focus ZX3

Pioneer AVH-X491BHS

PPI PC 4800.2

Morel Maximo 6.5" x2

Yeah, I'm doing it because my car is 15 years old, the grounding goes bad over time.

When it comes to electrical, there is no such thing as overkill, only never enough.

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

check out the ce electrical section on this forum. tons of info with testing to prove it.

ground the alt case to the frame all batts to the frame and do the alt power wire to batt. grounding the block is more of a waste of time. doesnt help much if any on the audio side of things. 4 gauge might not be big enough though. 1/0gauge is suggested and preferred by most. if your gonna be running anything over 300amps total 1/0 is needed.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

Archived