The Big 3 (or 4??)

check out the ce electrical section on this forum. tons of info with testing to prove it.

ground the alt case to the frame all batts to the frame and do the alt power wire to batt. grounding the block is more of a waste of time. doesnt help much if any on the audio side of things. 4 gauge might not be big enough though. 1/0gauge is suggested and preferred by most. if your gonna be running anything over 300amps total 1/0 is needed.

Ohhh alright thanks alot :)

well I only have an 85 amp alternator at the moment, but thanks for the heads up, much appreciated

eddymack028

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

using 1/0 gauge would still have less resistance and allow the alt you have to work at its best. would be cheaper to use 1/0 now rather then 4 gauge and then 1/0 later and you would only have to do it once.

snafu has been schooling us forum members on car electrical. he is the one that is doing all the testing and threads in the ce electrical section. probably the most informed person on car electrical out of all the member on this forum.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

using 1/0 gauge would still have less resistance and allow the alt you have to work at its best. would be cheaper to use 1/0 now rather then 4 gauge and then 1/0 later and you would only have to do it once.

snafu has been schooling us forum members on car electrical. he is the one that is doing all the testing and threads in the ce electrical section. probably the most informed person on car electrical out of all the member on this forum.

Yeah thats true that it would be cheaper, but I have lots of 8g and some 4g wiring that I picked up from the junkyard for a couple bucks

there might be a topic on this but I might as well ask u lol, whats a good website where I can get 1/0g wiring

Ohhh alright Im somewhat still new to the forum (and car audio), I'll be sure to check out snafu and that ce electrical section

eddymack028

i personaly use rockford wiring but ive heard good things about... well shot, i suddenly dont remember the name now. a lot of people on here buy it and if im not mistaken you can buy it on the xspower website to...

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

i personaly use rockford wiring but ive heard good things about... well shot, i suddenly dont remember the name now. a lot of people on here buy it and if im not mistaken you can buy it on the xspower website to...

Alright, well thanks again for the help, I might just end up color coordinating my wires (but choosing well known brands) ill check out XS power I've never looked at their wires b4

eddymack028

Another thing to think about is if you want to use OFC or CCA wire.

Ohhh yeah, my memory is kind of hazy but isn't OFC like 100% copper or something and CCA (copper clad aluminum, I think) well idk how much copper/aluminum.

well idk which is "better" I'm still learning about it lol. Bcuz right not I have a mix of different brands of wires. Or are CCA and OFC kind of the same??

eddymack028

i dont remember wich is more tolerant to water but since it would be under the hood its best to use something that would work better in moist conditions. fairly certain its the ofc...

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

How about the BIG 7. I have a 6 point ground kit for my 350z (some people say it improves performance). Plus the 0/1 for the Alt to the battery.

Stillen's version. I bought mine in 0/1 from a guy on the 350z forum

http://www.stillen.com/product/grounding-kits/stillen-grounding-kit-red-wires-606350r-13573.html

Archived