Singer Alternator - Install with pics - Clamp Test Results for DC5K and Singer Alt

on the new alt? why would you remove it

The old alt has a connector where i've read you just need to push down and pull on it to get it off, but I'm having issues taking it off :(

Trying to remove that black piece

alt-connections.jpg

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I got it removed finally.

remove-alt-harness.jpg

Now I have to remove all the other weird wire clipped ons. This damn car has clean stock wiring but there are too many clip ons that takes force to pry them apart :(.

It's like removing the door handle thing that clips into place where the door locks are on the camry. I eventually broke one of them and now I have no door handle bar panel.

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

So after I've removed all of the bolts. How do I go about taking the alternator out of the vehicle? There's no room...

That stupid black water pipe thing is blocking the way and the relay box is in the way too!

no-room1.jpg

no-room2.jpg

Any ideas?

I am stuck!

The hose you are pointing at is an a/c line. That doesn't really look like that tight of a fit. If you take the large radiator hose off, it will give you a little clearance but you may not have too. Worse comes to worse you may have to put a jack under the engine, take that front motor mount off and jack the engine up a few inches to get some extra clearance.

The hose you are pointing at is an a/c line. That doesn't really look like that tight of a fit. If you take the large radiator hose off, it will give you a little clearance but you may not have too. Worse comes to worse you may have to put a jack under the engine, take that front motor mount off and jack the engine up a few inches to get some extra clearance.

I've just made some room by forcing the relay to move out of the way. So that small hose thing is for the AC. I'm going to try and squeeze the alt through this slot. How fragile is the ac hose? I don't wanna break the damn thing on accident.

By the way, I'm not a mechanic so I really hope this goes well.

Thanks again for walking me through this guys!

made-room1.jpg

made-room2.jpg

Going to go buy a 12mm socket. All of my sets are in inches except a few pieces I've bought over the years that are in mm.

I keep forgetting to by a socket kit that's in metric system for my Japanese car :(

I am assuming I should loose the block bolt before trying to go for the tensioner bolt? The Tensioner bolt won't budge.

Archived