DC Sound Lab

DC5K Clamp Test (See New Thread. This one is not accurate)

You sure you weren't clipping during the test?

I am clueless with this one. I have never done a clamp test where the AC Voltage was lower than the Amperage.

Since I cant see where the meters are hooked in, I just want to make sure that the DMM went into the positive and negative speaker wires and the clamp went around the positive speaker wire.

The Positive lead of the DMM was connected to a jumper wire that is connected to the positive speaker input into the DC5K

Vice-versa for the Negative lead to the negative speaker wire input.

Pics of the jumper cable I used:

dc5kclamp-1.png

dc5kclamp-2.png

dc5kclamp-3.png

The clamp meter was clamped around the positive speaker wire.

Should I touch the two jumper wire ends together to see if there were any resistance with the jumper cables?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

You sure you weren't clipping during the test?

I probably was clipping during the test because I accidentally went to volume 28 instead of my max tuned 27 at one point. Should I redo the test without going over my max volume?

What hz tone was used for the test?

40Hz @0dB (the test tone I used to set my gains with. There was no clipping when I set the gains without a load. Should I connect the oscope to the speaker wires while running the clamp test to see if it's clipping?

DC Audio - Singer Alternators - Knukonceptz - XS Power - Hybrid Audio - Rockford Fosgate - Second Skin Audio - SMD - Sundown Audio - Elemental Designs

I have never done a clamp test where the AC Voltage was lower than the Amperage.

Even in my first clamp run with the bassknob not all the way up, the ac voltage was lower than the ac amperage. And during that run, I didn't go over my max tuned volume.

Buddy is getting close to 7200 out of each of his 5ks, on 18v.. all 16 amps that is LOL

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

Here is the very first clamp test that I did on my 7.5k.

This test was done in my 2006 Ford F150. I am running 1 Mike Singer 350a alt charging my 5 XS D1400 14v batteries at 16.4v

Voltage started at 16.4v.

Starting impedance is .67ohms

HZ----AMPS----VOLTS----WATTS----OHMS----Voltage Drop

30----mega_shok.gif.9----96.5----7806.85---1.19----15.2v

35----78.2----100.2---7835.64---1.28----15.2v

40----72.2----103.6---7479.92---1.43----14.1v

45----62.2----107.8---6705.16---1.73----14.7v

50----61.5----106.9---6574.35---1.74----14.7v