I think u guys over thinkin it. Correct me if im wrong but steave proved on a video that the base boost on an ipod or ipad didnt distort. Maybe this will but I use base boost on my ipod all the time. With no issue

Link to video?

All settings should be flat.. In source and unit. Bass boost isn't good.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Does your computer have a mic-in?

You can download some free oscilloscope programs for your comp. Just hook the phone up and play something like a 20kHz - 20Hz sweep and -0db and see if it clips with the beats thing on, and with it off. I think this is one of those times where the dd-1 might me ineffective for you because if it boots any other frequency more than it does 40hz or 1kHz, you will have clipping that won't be detected by the dd-1

Hears the link at about 8min 30sec

Interesting... Maybe the boost in that eq setting is minimal enough for the dd-1 to not detect. you have to remember though, it will be different with different systems. Maybe Steve turned down the gain to much on the amp when the dd1 found distortion and that's why it didn't pick up the extra source volume. Just because he got away with it doesn't mean everyone will and its "clip free". Cool video though. Now I know what to do if I ever want to connect my nexus to my car!

OP- I have beats audio on my laptop and its really nothing special. Its mostly just a built in EQ that gets clippy really fast.

2007 M/T Honda Civic Coupe EX

(4) Sundown Audio X-8's

(2) Ampere Audio 3800.1's

(3) Stinger SPV-44 Batteries

(1) Mechman 240

3:1 Ratio 4th order sealed from the trunk

TEAM NWSPL

Best termlab scores to date in Honda trunk:
151.7db legal (official) IASCA trunk 3 class

Best termlab scores to date in my walled Subie:
152.9db legal (unofficial) IASCA advanced 2 class
155db outlaw

Does your computer have a mic-in?

You can download some free oscilloscope programs for your comp. Just hook the phone up and play something like a 20kHz - 20Hz sweep and -0db and see if it clips with the beats thing on, and with it off. I think this is one of those times where the dd-1 might me ineffective for you because if it boots any other frequency more than it does 40hz or 1kHz, you will have clipping that won't be detected by the dd-1

do you by chance have a link to any of those programs cause yeah i do have a mic input. and i haven't thought of doing it like that.

OP- I have beats audio on my laptop and its really nothing special. Its mostly just a built in EQ that gets clippy really fast.

yeah i feel like it's just something to give "good" audio to everyone. problem everyone usually thinks "good" audio is just loud audio

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Just google search for free oscilloscope download or something and see what works for you. The one that I used I uninstalled a while ago, so I don't remember the name

ALRIGHT! finally got some answers i was looking for! i downloaded an O-scope program and finally got it to take input from my phone. and here's my findings.

with beats audio off: no clipping anywhere at any volume.

with beats audio on: clipping pretty dang bad ad volume 29-30 @ ~65Hz

so here's it at volume 30 with a 65Hz tone with beats audio on:

clipped60Hz_zpsa9f904fb.png

and here's volume at 28 with beats on with a 65Hz tone:

noclip_zps0bf537f6.png

and thanks snow drifter for the suggestion! i think im gonna just go with beats audio on and not go above 28 volume.

I think you have a bit of truck stuck in your mud bro

~Ford Ranger, ext cab
Kenwood DDX470
1/0ga stinger wiring for big 3
1/0ga ofc flextech wiring

3 kinetik 800's

AQ2200 @1ohm

Sundown Audio X15

in a 27Hz tuned ported box

LE BUILD LOG!!!

Archived