DC Sound Lab

If the battery rests at 11v, then yes it's a bad idea. Just because you dropped down to 11.5-11.4 doesn't mean your battery is dead by any means. It will recover... I'm getting at this amp is more suited for 12v use than more others since isn't not optimized for higher voltage.

I'm not talking about running 10-9v....

Please tell us what employee you talked to, I want to know his name lol. If you honestly think an M4a is an AQ3500, you're flat out retarded. I honestly mean that too. M4a's are known to clamp 8-9k if you can keep rise low enough.

Saying a AQ3500 is an M4a is like saying a DC5k is the same as a DC10k lol

Edited by armykyle1

The DD M4 is essentially the same as the AQ 3500.1 the DD M4a is the same board as the NS-1 and is rated 5k+12v and 7k at 14.4

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

Electrical says alot, when rusty had the 7 kinetik 16v he was seeing roughly 6500watts per 9.0, once he switched to the 12 Xs xp1000s he was then seeing close to 11k per 9.0.

hey jeff , since you have had both 9k and 10k , both on a 12v system.

what numbers did u clamp out of each ?

If the battery rests at 11v, then yes it's a bad idea. Just because you dropped down to 11.5-11.4 doesn't mean your battery is dead by any means. It will recover... I'm getting at this amp is more suited for 12v use than more others since isn't not optimized for higher voltage.

Please tell us what employee you talked to, I want to know his name lol. If you honestly think an M4a is an AQ3500, you're flat out retarded. I honestly mean that too. M4a's are known to clamp 8-9k if you can keep rise low enough.

Kyle first off, you funny calling me retarded, as I've forgotten more then you will ever know about car audio, and I mean that. Second I wanna say his name was brad, I believe but I really dont remember, he opened his shop back up in OK city shortly after leaving dd, after all there change stuff. Really I can care less what you think, when you do something that impresses me enough to value your option then I'll ask. But carry on with what ever you think you know.

Electrical says alot, when rusty had the 7 kinetik 16v he was seeing roughly 6500watts per 9.0, once he switched to the 12 Xs xp1000s he was then seeing close to 11k per 9.0.

Heck, I've never had the 9.0s, I had the American bass 1100.1 which is very similar to the 9.0, the most I remember seeing out of those was 12-13k rising above 3ohm strapped. The only clamp I have done on the 10.0s what 15k strapped rising to 2.8ohms dropping to 13.2. The 10.0s however seem to make more power and is alot easier on my electrical fully tilt. Full tilt bass boxing runs tho it still will drop to 11.8 with the engine tacked at 2k

Edited by corona_jeff
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

The DD M4 is essentially the same as the AQ 3500.1 the DD M4a is the same board as the NS-1 and is rated 5k+12v and 7k at 14.4

where the fuck did you get that from?

Lets see here

M4

27.625L x 9.13W x 2.5H dual inputs

NS1

]

12.20(W) x 2.68(H) x 27.56(L) inches triple inputs

[/font]

AQ3500 25.875in (L) x 9.5in (W) x 2.625in (H) 2" shorter[/font]

Go look at gut pics and see where the 2" is missing. I've handled both the AQ and DD and they are very different lol.

Edited by armykyle1

where the fuck did you get that from?

Lets see here

M4

27.625L x 9.13W x 2.5H dual inputs

NS1

]

12.20(W) x 2.68(H) x 27.56(L) inches triple inputs

[/font]

AQ3500 25.875in (L) x 9.5in (W) x 2.625in (H) 2" shorter[/font]

Go look at gut pics and see where the 2" is missing. I've handled both the AQ and DD and they are very different lol.

fuck fixing this post...

Kyle first off, you funny calling me retarded, as I've forgotten more then you will ever know about car audio, and I mean that. Second I wanna say his name was brad, I believe but I really dont remember, he opened his shop back up in OK city shortly after leaving dd, after all there change stuff. Really I can care less what you think, when you do something that impresses me enough to value your option then I'll ask. But carry on with what ever you think you know.

Heck, I've never had the 9.0s, I had the American bass 1100.1 which is very similar to the 9.0, the most I remember seeing out of those was 12-13k rising above 3ohm strapped. The only clamp I have done on the 10.0s what 15k strapped rising to 2.8ohms dropping to 13.2. The 10.0s however seem to make more power and is alot easier on my electrical fully tilt. Full tilt bass boxing runs tho it still will drop to 11.8 with the engine tacked at 2k

If the shoe fits, wear it. Why don't look into the amps instead of talking out of someone else's ass. They're clearly not the same amp, maybe that's one of the things you've forgotten. I'm not claiming to be a know it all, never have, never will. But I do know this. Like I said, if you believe that, you're retarded and wrong. Just do simple research on it. I'll look into thia Brad character too... I've talked to a few people at DD and never talked to a Brad, normally Kevin... Sorry if you think I'm putting you down, but you're wrong on this...

I've owned both amps to there sugar tits the M4 and the M4a are 2 completely different amps M4a board is similar to the NS-1 and the DD Z1a I'm still running, the the original M4 yes M4 without the a is similar to the AQ3500.1 they just rereleased the M4 with slight updates for more power ....your welcome

Edited by kalilac619
  • Like (+1 Rep) 1

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

Best Scores at events…

I've owned both amps to there sugar tits the M4 and the M4a are 2 completely different amps M4a board is similar to the NS-1 and the DD Z1a I'm still running, the the original M4 yes M4 without the a is similar to the AQ3500.1 they just rereleased the M4 with slight updates for more power ....your welcome

They may have gotten M4 and M4a mixed up. That makes sense.

They may have gotten M4 and M4a mixed up. That makes sense.

I could see that happening

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

Best Scores at events…