DC Sound Lab

12v.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

I know what the posted specs say, but it has been proven that all of the DC amps will put out rated power at 12v.

so just just to clarify if I have a 10k at 14.4 (charging voltage) it will put out more than rated right?

2002 Honda CR-V
Alpine 9887

My Build

Rebuilding...

Second Skin Damp
4 DC XL 15's
2 DC 5ks
Singer 320 amp
6 cap banks
Sky High wire
2 VM-1's
OM-1

all under window line

Team DC Audio

Obama has a law he's trying to pass right now, trying to ban Leo for being a threat to children everywhere.

EDIT: Not in a JP kind of way.

I thought I was going to die from all the jizz filling my ears.

What's wrong with running into the 11s?

Nothing I guess, if that's your thing, personally I've never took my 2 10.0s below 11.8, and that lower then I'd like. Only because setting the amp while idle at 14.8-14.9, dropping down in the 11 volt range will have some distortion present.

Edited by corona_jeff

Can you run it into the 11s? Yes, but why would you want to??? You are going to spend alot of money on a nice 10k amp and then skimp on the electrical? That just doesent make sense to me. I added 7 MORE 1400s to my battery bank because i HATE voltage drop. The higher you can keep your voltage, the more power you are going to get from you amp and the longer you are going to be able to play.

Lets say you have 1 10k amp and your voltage drops down into the high 11s. Now lets say you see 6000w at this point.

Now lets take a 7.5k amp and your voltage stay 12.6+ and you see 6000w.

Which would you rather have? I would pick the 7.5k. You are seeing the same amount of power. The 7.5k will cost less money and is putting less stress on your electrical, which in turn is putting less stress on the amp.

My point is why buy an amp that you dont have the electrical to support?

Not everyone has the ability to add 32 batteries to their setup. There's a few classes with limited batteries...

If a 7.5k does 6k and 10k does 6k with roughly a volt different, then that's pretty sad. I know it's an example but still. You should still get a fair amount of power out of the 10k based on general electrical guide lines... M4a does 5k @ 12v, which is highly under rated, so this being an amp based around 12v power, you would think it would be ok in the 11s since you can't run it in the 16s and 18s... Unless n/a on the page means something else...

I can see your somewhat defensive about this so don't take this as a challenge on the amplifier as I was very happy with my DC5k.

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

My point is running low voltage put alot of stress on the amplifier and can cause damage. If you are competing, that is one thing. I dont think you will be beating the hell out of your amp at 11v all day at a show unless you just sit there and demo which wouldnt be smart. If you are competing and drop into the 11s, it is most likely for 30 seconds at the most.

I am speaking in terms of a daily driver. 11v when talking in battery terms is a dead battery. Why would you want to run your battery dead when powering your amp?

• Like (+1 Rep) 1

Not everyone has the ability to add 32 batteries to their setup. There's a few classes with limited batteries...

If a 7.5k does 6k and 10k does 6k with roughly a volt different, then that's pretty sad. I know it's an example but still. You should still get a fair amount of power out of the 10k based on general electrical guide lines... M4a does 5k @ 12v, which is highly under rated, so this being an amp based around 12v power, you would think it would be ok in the 11s since you can't run it in the 16s and 18s... Unless n/a on the page means something else...

I can see your somewhat defensive about this so don't take this as a challenge on the amplifier as I was very happy with my DC5k.

My example is just that. Not true numbers. There is a big difference in power in just 1v of power. The difference in 12.6 and 13.6 is substantial and much more if you can hold 14v+.

I'm by no means defensive, I know what they can do. However. Telling the general public that they can run it into the 9-10 is not wise. Rusty has used to 10.0s in Ana's Rex street a style off 1 battery and got a good amount of power. Lets put it this way. The hu shut off due to low voltage before the amps did. Secondly I'm not buying the fact that the ddm4a is a 5k amp. A few weeks ago yes, but after talking with a DD employee I was enforced that's the same amp as the aq3500.1. I know not everyone can fit alot of batts or is limited in ea class, but using a larger amp with less that ideal electrical, it forces a higher reactive load I sense, being less effecent making less power. Properly powering a smaller amp with lower rise in turn making rated power or better, in result having the same power with either step up. That's with any amplifiers, not just DC