DC Sound Lab

The 9k's were fuckin beasts, and due to higher voltage stability, they would have higher potential then the 10k. That said, for those that are limited to 12v charging to maintain a classification for competing, then perhaps the 10k would be better. I think the low voltage thing veered off with DD because the amps are rated at 11.9v, and some at 12v where as the DC 10k is intended for a "12v system". And the m4a's are beast, ask Ray right above, he clamped a shade under 12k out of a pair strapped....all that said, fuck the bullshit ray, when are you going to put in 2 9s or 10s?

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

Any clue what they can do around that voltage?... Ray, you should do that if you are able to upgrade, your still running 14v right?

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

You mad bro ?

Yeah, a little at the time cuz everyone wanted to give smart ass answers instead of that \/ simple answer.

Ok to clear up one thing that I think is eluding people.

When we say that the 10k is a 12v amp, all that mean is that you cannot run it on a 14v or 16v system. For those of you that dont know, a 14v system charges at 16.8v and a 16v system charges at 19.2v.

The 9k is stable UPTO 18v. This means that you can run a 12v system(charging at 14.8v), a 14v system(charging at 16.8v) or a 16v system(backed down and charging at 18v)

When we say that the 10k is a 12v amp, that does not mean that it is meant to be run at 12v or below. All 12v setups should charge 13.8v-14.8v.

And in that case I think I might take a10k when amp money comes.

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

Also I'm pretty sure rail voltages are higher on 10k meaning they do max wattage in the 12-14v parameters ..,were as 9k does more at higher voltage.. I'd like to see some heads up comparison tests .. Ill trade anyone my 2-7.5s for 9s or 10s

i will put up my numbers when i get my 10k im already making almost 10k out of my 9k so we will see how the 10k matches up!

89 Ford Bronco 2

6 DC XL M2 12's

1 DC 9K

Dual Singer Alts

7 Xs D3100s & 1 D6500

All Audio Techinx OFC 1/0

Doing 55s at 26hz!!!

The 9k's were fuckin beasts, and due to higher voltage stability, they would have higher potential then the 10k. That said, for those that are limited to 12v charging to maintain a classification for competing, then perhaps the 10k would be better. I think the low voltage thing veered off with DD because the amps are rated at 11.9v, and some at 12v where as the DC 10k is intended for a "12v system". And the m4a's are beast, ask Ray right above, he clamped a shade under 12k out of a pair strapped....all that said, fuck the bullshit ray, when are you going to put in 2 9s or 10s?

what they mean by rated at 11.9v is when they test it it rated that power with that voltage but try running that amp at 11.9v all day everyday and see what happens

just put at this way.. the 10k puts out 10k at 12v but it dont mean it should be run at that low voltage for long periods of time

i wish they werent so long id love to slang my DD Z1a get one of these but id have to mount it to my box which im not a big fan of.....

2000 Suburban 6 runs of 2/0

12 timpano audio mids,6 timpana audio tweets and 1 timpano compression horn per door 

8 banks of blue Maxwells + 260ah of Yin Long LTOs 

2 370 Amp Autotech Alts 

mids amps 2  Crescendo Skyway 3ks 

Tweet amp Crossfire 2000.4

sub amp: 4 Crossfire XT 8ks

Subs: 8 18 in Crossfires in a 4th order

Best Scores at events…

161.6@38hz DBdrag  sealed on the dash… 162.54 outlaw…161.14 Meca headrest 

what they mean by rated at 11.9v is when they test it it rated that power with that voltage but try running that amp at 11.9v all day everyday and see what happens

your stating the obvious, but I can almost assure that a DD amp is going to handle as much abuse as any on the market. Im running mine at .5 on stock electrical and a single xs3400 in the rear and have been doing so for over a year, and I get nasty voltage drop full tilt. It never protects, never gets hot etc. Now, I would NEVER suggest someone do what I do, nor would I ever tell someone that an 11.9v rating means they are stable to that kind of sustained abuse....but back to the topic of DC amps, I was merely pointing out the difference between a 12v rating and intentions for a "12v system" as there seemed to be some confusion... Im sure this 10k is going to be a monster and I would hope that most people who even consider these have over the top electrical, no point in frying an amp that will cost how knows how much, but im sure in the range of 2k$. People like Ray who would consider an amp like this are electrical nazi's; they will ensure that their amps are fed optimal juice...tuned in for results

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

If you want HUGE power out of the 10k, it is stable up to 15.9v. You can run 14v batteries, you will just need to have adjustable voltage and run the charge down to 15.9v.

stay tuned :)

• Like (+1 Rep) 2

JonSig1_zpsaea3e8d2.gif

Contact us for the best quality cables and accessories with the fastest shipping in the industry

EMAIL: [email protected]<script data-cfhash='f9e31' type="text/javascript"> /* */</script>

LIKE US ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/SkyHighCarAudio

ADD ME ON FB: https://www.facebook.com/jon.rabe.1

MONSTER SKY HIGH/DC GMC: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/127057-sky-high-monster-gmc-walk-through-12-lvl-5-15s-6-9ks-trim-panels-and-wiring-p-90/