Sundown Audio

I just finished installing my 6.5s ran off a cheap re audio 500.2

For like 50w their seeing..

Those boys scream! Jesus its nice. Off such little power I didn't expect too much but its nice.

Just wanted to say that anyone thinking on these should go for it. And to think I could likely double the power ..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I have to chime in here. They are "OK" in my opinion. I have mine running on a 125.2, and they are nowhere near screaming.

I did downgrade from Hertz XL comps, but I still expected more, and will be selling my set (installed for only a few days) if anybody is interested.

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread

The midbass is ok I guess but that depends on the install. But my ears were ringing when I got out of my car..

But compared to hertz lol I wouldn't doubt what ur saying..

I've heard many comps but this is the first I've owned myself. For what I paid for em, ill take em over many of the sets I've spent time around. Never heard hertz though. But those are pretty up there aren't they?

If the price is right I might consider taking that set off your hands..

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

One would imagine when spending nearly 3x the money on something like the Hertz XL performance would increase a bit :) Surely a fine product as most things from Hertz are.

We haven't gotten into making our higher end sets yet; but stay tuned for that.

Also; the SA-6.5CS set is designed specifically to have a very smooth -- some folks prefer a bit sharper sound; in which case they may want to look into something with a composite cone material and/or a harder tweeter dome material (the Hertz isn't a "hard dome" but is a bit more rigid than silk). A smoother sound is experienced as not as loud as well :

fm1.gif

* Fletcher-Munson curve of hearing sensitivity.

Specifically a smoother sounding driver typically exhibits a bit less output / break-up modes across the 3k-8k range which your ears are very sensitive to. Some of this smoothness is attributed to softer materials damping those resonances ; which is technically slightly less accurate but a preferred and more pleasing sound to most (less fatiguing to your ears).

In any event -- glad to hear the OP likes them; overall response has been 99% positive on them. Components and mids / tweeters do get very tricky as the materials used have such a huge impact on the sound -- where subwoofers are more a product of the purely measurable distortion characteristics and parameters. Most of our mids and tweeters with favor a smoother sound ; but I will likely put some out later that have a sharper sound for those that prefer it.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

I was in no way trying to bash the comps, but they surely don't scream.

And I wasn't comparing them to Hertz, go back and reread my post. Im saying that coming down from a high end set to these, my opinion may be a bit skewed. For someone not accustomed to higher-end components these would be great, especially for the price.

I doubt Jacob is sweating anything, stealth. LMAO

SMD Super Seller

My Feedback Thread