SK-4500.1D @ 0.5 ohms or SAZ-3500D @ 0.5 ohms

Why are Crescendo amps so cheap? Price wise? I would much rather go with the BC3500 w/ the 0.5 ohm warranty but I'm curious to know what you all think about their amps.

If I'm able to get the SK-2500.1D for only $500 then I'm getting it! And maybe the other if available when I have the money! Otherwise, I'll buy the second off these dealers. I was really hoping to run only one amp though. I hate the hassle of running two..

Well, I own the Crescendo 3500 and the thing is solid as hell

Have mine wired to .5 daily and it never skips a beat even if I clip it - always stays cool, never protects.

Have you clamped it? Does it produce true wattage? What do you think you're getting at .5 ohms?

I've heard the latter can handle the impedance but the former just simply can't. I know they both need big power so for the sake of conversation let us assume they do. Which will hold out longer or do the job at about half gain.

My future build: (2) Skar ZVX 18's D2 wired in parallel @ 0.5 ohms

Electrical: 370 amp Iraggi H/O Alt, Yellow Top front, XS Power D7500 back. (Any better ideas on the back battery support?) and Knu Koncepts 0ga.

Unfortunately, due to Christmas aha, I only have the Yellow Top and one ZVX. Hopefully have everything by Feb if not sooner.

Would love some ideas! This is all in a 2001 Impala.

Both are very solid amplifiers, and the SK-4500.1D is run by MANY customers at 0.5Ohms, however we just can't warranty the amp at that ohm load. That is not to say at all that it will not handle daily running at that impedance, again - many customers choose to do it and have had great success. I am pretty sure the Sundown is not warrantied below 1 Ohm either. I think the SK-4500.1 will be nice on your matching Skar ZVX woofers :-)

-Kevin

• Like (+1 Rep) 3

Skar Audio

www.SkarAudio.com
Phone : (888) 501-7527

skarav.jpg

• 1 year later...

i just ordered my sk-4500.1d on thursday and it arrives this morning and i cant wait!! IMO i think you will be satisfied with this amp bro this amp is a beast! skar audio has been killing it with all their recent products and also their availability over the competition. im highly thinking of purchasing the skar TXL subs when they release. keep it up Kevin @ skar audio!!!!!!!

Black 1997 Honda Accord coupe 5 speed manual
Big three upgrade
all kicker 0 gauge wire
180 amp H/O DC power alternator
2 kinetik HC 1800's
Alpine iXA-W404 (FOR SALE!!)
2 Rockford Fosgate T1 D4 12's wired to 2 ohms (FOR SALE!!)
T1500-1 BDCP subwoofer amp pushing 1760 watts at 2 ohms @ 14.4 volts (FOR SALE!!)

(All items for sale have original boxes and birth sheet for the amp)
boss 6x9's 350 watts rms (maybe upgrading, want to put an amp to em and see what they can really do)
pioneer 6.5" component front speakers (upgrading soon)
no amp for the mids and highs yet...
Dynamated the whole trunk, doors next

Just got the SKAR Audio SK-4500.1D today!!! redoing the whole system! all in good time fellow bass heads :P

And since when Is crescendo cheap? I got my bc2000 for 325. Awesome amp. Ran at .5 daily zero issues.

The price went up to like 450 though... f that

Setup:

2010 Hyundai Elantra

Factory Unit via 4 chan NVX LOC

Excessive Amperage "H/O" Alt

Xs D3400/ Xs XP3000

Big 3. 2 Runs of +, 2 Runs of -

DD M3b and 2 12" AQ HDC4s

I run my 4500.1 at .5 daily my box rise is 1.81 ohm those subs need some power if you wire to 1ohm then rise higher the output is gonna be less, I'd add another 2 batteries just because & another run of 0 as well as upgraded alt...

William - Metter,Ga. Dad, Self Installer/Fabricator & Repair Tech, Weightlifter, Motivator,

Team SKAR Audio Captain, Team Deadly Hertz Georgia Leader
99 Toyota 4Runner SR5, "Rolling Thunder"
Daily Driven, No Wall, C-Pillar Build, BASS LIFE!
2K16 SBN MECA Park and Pound DB3 Champion
2K16 SBN ISPLL Real SPL Class F Champion
Second Skin Damplifier Pro, Kenwood eXcelon KDC X498, Clarion EQ, Knukonceptz RCA's
The Big 3, Sky High Car Audio OFC & Kicker Hyperflex Silver Tinned 1/0 Gauge
Singer 340a Alt, Northstar NSB-AGM31, SMSAGM480, 12 NessCaps Super Caps
Rockford Fosgate 3Sixty Line Driver, The Oval Port Tuned To 31 Hz, CNC Machined
4 SKAR ZVXv2 D2 15's, 2 SKAR SK-4500.1's, 4 SKAR PAX 6.5's, 2 SKAR LP-80.4's

SKAR_468x60.jpg

MEMBER OF THE YEAR 2013
16018870_large.jpg
If you don't have any haters, get some, best motivation there is...