Crescendo Logic batteries?

This sound great. Cant wait to see results.

Build Under Construction

Head Unit = Kenwood DDX514

Amps = Kicker 750.1, Going to install Sundown 1500D v3 and Sundown 125.4

Battery = XS D3400

Wires = Kicker RCA's, 0 Gauge street wire and Stinger

Mids and Highs = Stock

Sub= Kicker L7 12"

Alternator = 220 Mechman

Sound Deadner= Fatmat and Stinger Road Kill

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hell ill pitch in.... but i have a feeling the d3100 maybe taken down as top by a certain battery :D

I know we tested one of my old beat D3100s against a NSB90 and the NSB walked all over it, the crx was about 1.1db quieter iirc vs the old nsb.90.

However it was still louder then a brand new nsb90. but just goes to show you that old properly maintained batteries will almost outshine a brand new battery out of the box.

Even still the NSBs are some of the strongest batteries in DB Drag steet classes, where your only allowed 1 battery under the hood, 40runs of Pos/Neg power wire, car must be off, and people have up to 2 10,000wrms amps strapped at a stupid low impedance and dropping to 8volts.

I have seen similar results Brian but with a Batcap 8400.

TEAM SOUNDQUBED -- TEAM SOUTH

TEAM S.O.B. - Founder & Captain

3x Streetbeat World Record Holder

2017 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4 
2016 MWSPL 1st place Mayhem/2nd Adv 4/2nd Xtreme 4
2015 MWSPL 2nd place Mayhem & 4th Xtreme 4
2014 USACI 2nd place Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db
2014 MWSPL 2nd place Xtreme 4 - 144.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db
2013 USACI 1st place Street Q+ - 162.8 db
2013 MWSPL 3rd Kaos2 & 4th Xtreme 4
2011 USACI 2nd place MOD 1001-2k - 160.0 db
2011 MWSPL 4th place: Adv3 - 157.8 db, Kaos2 - 150s db, Xtreme4 - 140s db
2010 ARSPL 1st place 501-750 - 160.3 db Arkansas loudest

Best score to date 164.4 db - Termlab Outlaw

Streetbeat 4 - 161.9 db

Streetbeat 5 - 162.6 db

MWSPL on Dash Legal door open (Music) - 162.5 db

Sealed on dash Legal (Music) - 161.1 db - Termlab

THE BLACK NASTY CURRENT BUILD & FAB

The Black Nasty (6) 15 Rebuild Log 2012

(4) 15 Walled Sierra Build Log

Evo X build log

Facebook page The Black Nasty

16163044_large.gif

after i get my smv-1, 2 15's, wood, and adjustable alt reg all see what i have left but that wont be until i get my tax return. have to come up with some batt money and money for a t400.4 to but ill do what i can to help out.

t1500bdcp

2 t2d4 15"

1 t600.4

1 t400.2

1 set p1 tweets

singer alt, tons of wiring, smd vm-1, 80prs, back seat delete, still in the works, aiming for a 145-147 with the ability to play 25hz up to 50hz.

hell ill pitch in.... but i have a feeling the d3100 maybe taken down as top by a certain battery :D

I know we tested one of my old beat D3100s against a NSB90 and the NSB walked all over it, the crx was about 1.1db quieter iirc vs the old nsb.90.

However it was still louder then a brand new nsb90. but just goes to show you that old properly maintained batteries will almost outshine a brand new battery out of the box.

Even still the NSBs are some of the strongest batteries in DB Drag steet classes, where your only allowed 1 battery under the hood, 40runs of Pos/Neg power wire, car must be off, and people have up to 2 10,000wrms amps strapped at a stupid low impedance and dropping to 8volts.

This is very interesting. I'm not sure of the model number but I have access to some NSB 12v's from a local dealer for really good rates. I kind of shrugged him off because I've not heard much of the NSB batteries. I will definitely take a closer look at them now. Thanks for the heads up!

This is very interesting. I'm not sure of the model number but I have access to some NSB 12v's from a local dealer for really good rates. I kind of shrugged him off because I've not heard much of the NSB batteries. I will definitely take a closer look at them now. Thanks for the heads up!

They are definitely good batteries. I see them at all the big shows in FL. I just run the c&d and deka because I get them wicked cheap and I bassrace so those tenths don't matter too much to me.

I dont think this will be a go.

Just too much to go wrong, and to have a legit testing it would have to be done by a non biased testing facility, not a user of car audio forsay but an actual battery company, which would add more costs to the testing.

Just getting enough people to donate money to buy 7 to 10 batteries at an average cost of about $300 each your looking at $2100 to $3000 in batteries, let alone needing 210-300 people giving $10 donations just to come up with the cost for the gear to be tested. Let alone there is less then 10 people that said they would be willing to donate to do this test, and that dont even buy a half battery, let alone 7+ most commonly used batteries.

With spending this kind of money, Id also have to say that droping them in a vehicle and load testing the batteries with and amp wouldnt be legit testing.

With doing continuous burps to load down each battery, the woofer coils will get warm, or maybe even hot, as the coils heat up, your impedance rise grows larger, with a larger impedance rise the less power your amp will make, which results in less current demand from the battery being needed do to the amp making less power. Not to mention that the amplifier will also get warmer after a few burps especially if its ran at a low dcr to keep the amp as close to 1ohm as possible after rise, to even get anywhere near the amps 500amp current pull. With the added heat from the amp its going to also kill its efficiency rating.

Potentially what Im getting at is the last battery tested is most likely to have the worst test results, even if it is the strongest battery out of the group.

Using an amplifier as a load bank for the battery testing is just going to multiply the amount of things you got to keep track of, and then keep all temps for the coils and amps consistent through each battery tested. I just dont see it happening.

Bottom line if $2000+ was being dropped on gear to be tested, such cheap testing methods would be a waste and flaws in the tests, when you can have a company do a legit tests in a controlled atmosphere and get critical results that some companies dont even list, or even the basic info for some companies..

Archived