New Woofer question

Any way you could point me in the direction of a good tutorial for this? I have always set by ear and it has always worked for me, but I am always willing to try something that works better.

Car: 2000 Ford Focus 4 door

HU: Kenwood KDC-X395

Front Highs: stock

Back Mids: Stock

Subs: Skar VVX-12 ( 1.79 f3 tuned to 32 hz)

Amp:Audiopipe APSM 1500 mini

Wiring: KnuKoncepts Kolossus 4awg

rmschartpm5.jpg Edited by RooTxBeeR
On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

i NEVER smelt coil when breaking in my VVXs. My guess is that your clipping, and if your using the amp in your sig, its certainly the guilty party. And I had a bc2k at .5 out of the gate on mine, so power wasnt the issue

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP

Thanks RooTxBeer

If its smelling that means you're doing it right

Honestly it was a VERY slight smell. I know what a fully blown coil smells like and this did not smell nearly that strong. I did stop and check the sub and amp after I smelled it and neither were hot, only a little warm, and like I said above it did not get any worse

Thanks RooTxBeer

If its smelling that means you're doing it right

Honestly it was a VERY slight smell. I know what a fully blown coil smells like and this did not smell nearly that strong. I did stop and check the sub and amp after I smelled it and neither were hot, only a little warm, and like I said above it did not get any worse

Amps will almost always get pretty warm when slamming, subs can too just not as warm as a amp can without having to worry. Once things get hot to the touch is when you need to look into things.

On 11/20/2012 at 8:54 PM, AMI CUSTOMS said:

Turned mine up today at a light, guy next to me his steering wheel started moving and he looked over at me like I was a magician lol.

On 5/9/2012 at 8:45 PM, skittlesRgood said:

fuck the plating. look at what the main metal used is. you could buy unicorn blood plated terminals but if its just covering up dog shit, whats the point

On 4/10/2013 at 12:26 PM, mrd6 said:

I'll admit, half way through sanding that fiberglass in the rain and cold while I was all itchy I was definitely starting to question why i was doing this haha

• Soon To Be
  • '04 Ford Escape
  • US Alternator 280A Hairpin
  • D4800 Under the Hood
  • (6) XP3000's in Rear
  • 1/0 SHCA & XS Power 4 runs to back
  • TORK2 kit from Tony @ CE Auto Supply
  • Pioneer DEH-80PRS
  • DD AW6.5 (2) per door
  • *Tweeter Unkown*
  • DD SS4a & C3d
  • (2) SCV4000 @ .5Ohm
  • (2) 15" Sundown Zv5

i NEVER smelt coil when breaking in my VVXs. My guess is that your clipping, and if your using the amp in your sig, its certainly the guilty party. And I had a bc2k at .5 out of the gate on mine, so power wasnt the issue

The amp can put out clean power.Sure its not as good as some brands but it does nearly rated and it does it clean. And for $120 shipped I cant complain so far. I bought my kid a ton of christmas presents instead of a better amp.

Edited by 89capricebass

The amp can put out clean power.Sure its not as good as some brands but it does nearly rated and it does it clean. And for $120 shipped I cant complain so far. I bought my kid a ton of christmas presents instead of a better amp.

Much respect bro

And like others have said.....normally if it's immediate it is probably just some excess glue :)

www.TheAutoSkin.com

MaliBOOM v2"2010 Bagged Malibu on 20s"<< click here<<<

Excursion on 42s Build log<<Click here<<<

Instagram-@theAutoSkinRyan @TheAutoSkin

Owner of The Auto Skin

So over the last couple of days I have had this sub playing at low volume to break it in. The highest it has been is 22/35, it can barely be heard outside of the car, even with the windows down. Today I decided to turn it up a little bit to 26/35 and I heard a a rubbing/flapping noise that seemed to be coming from the sub or the box. I immediately shut the sub off via the sub setting on the deck and checked everything out. I pushed on the cone in the middle slightly and it sounded like the coil was rubbing and it is also stiffer than it should be. When I got the woofer it smelled like ca glue so I figured it was a re cone and didnt press on the cone. I think this is what was causing the slight smell. You couldnt hear the rubbing/flapping noise at low volume. I am filling out the contact form on skars website now