Second Skin Audio

Reconing alpine type Rs

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No you can build them. Just gonna have to find someone who has a lot of sub parts or find them yourself

13 Kia Forte Build!

07 Hyundai Accent Build

***Super Seller***

N8ball2013

And then he gets to say ok all you guys were right. im sorry for being a dummy poo poo head.

ndjs.jpg

I think an sa8v1 coils fits in the gap, but its real tight.

On 2/27/2013 at 9:21 AM, Swordlordboy1234 said:

Who needs electrical! It's a bc3500... They make power out of hopes and dreams of children

1990 Oldsmobile  Cuttlas Cruiser- New build coming soon!!B47FCE3C-8667-408C-8884-8393C4DAE824-1875-000002C58366462A.jpg

Springfield, sells the coils seperately... like $25, IIRC... Slap you a new coil in there, reuse your cone and dust cap (if you can) and they also sell the leads that you can solder in there ;-)

Cheap fixes. I have 2 SWR-1042Ds that I intend on fixing one day... just too focused on the setup in the car now

2011 Chevrolet Aveo(click for build log)
Clarion NX-603
SKAR 4500.1D
Iraggi 320A alt

Knukonceptz 1/0 Kollosus Fleks Cable
8 AWG Sky High Car Audio OFC

1/0- Sky High Car Audio

2- XP3000 XS Power Batteries
SMD VM-1
2- 12" Ascendant Audio Mayhems

Toolmaker Fuse block

Toolmaker Bus Bars

(Last Season scores 1-15" Mayhem)

145.2 dB- Sealed @ NSPL World Finals (9/28/14)

148.1 dB- Hardcore @ NSPL World Finals (9/27/14)

150.23-- Hardcore on 4500 Watts!!!!

New Build (2015, 2-12" Mayhems)

146.9- Sealed on dash

149.6 dB- Hardcore in Kick (No wall 0-24" Hardcore)

All that being said, Type R's are good subs, they play great, and get loud, that is, for a period of time, after hours of use it does seem like something will eventually fail,

This is a huge reason why you will see us supporting the brands you see heavily supported on here.

Type R's play great bass, but with the style of music most of us listen to, have constant continuous low bass tones, old school 3 6 mafia, Gucci mane, rick ross, swisha house, those groups were always a test of how good your equipment is, the woofers literally have not even a single moment to cool back down, then what do we go and do? we slow them down even more, which pushes even more power to them, making them reach the full length of they're suspension travel, playing around the 30hz area, this is where the best of the best will only survive, mainstream speakers can only do things like that for so long before parts get worn, torn, separated, or blown because you tried to play "I cook" slowed down at full tilt for the whole song, they just are not made for it.

Companies like DD, AQ, DC, Sundown, AA just to name a few, i'm pretty sure these guys are trying to accomplish the same thing we are, and in the process helping give us a product that is meant to be played full tilt, stay cool, with little to no wear and tear.

Brands like this, once you go into a higher level subwoofer, the only thing you will need to do would really just be considered maintenance, and that would be after a year or 2 of blowing out everyones ear drums, deciding to have the sub reconed so it has a new suspension, not because it quit playing.

XS-power1.jpg

Archived