Midbass speakers?

03 Xtreme Fosgate

I'm new to the forum and wanting some advice on some midbass speakers,I'm currently looking at some RF PPS4-8 or PPS4-6 for my 03 Chevy Xtreme. Anyone have any suggestions on these or other midbass speakers? Going to be driven off either a RF P500.4 or a P500.4..

definetely wouldnt use a Sundown E8 for a midbass especially as a blanket statement. sure its doing to play 35-60 hz fine its a subwoofer. but its probably not going to be very good at 350hz if your using it as part of a 3 way, and probably even worse up at 2k if your using it as part of a 2 way setup. And if your just thinking about full ranging it....its going to sound terrible.

I'm running Boston Acoustics SA series 746 4x6's in dash, S65 coaxial series 6.5's in doors adding pair of SC series component 6.5's in kick panels with a pair of RF P1 tweets on rear pillars. Just wanting to add some midbass to the sound stage to go along with the rest of my mids/highs and the 2 T2D412's wired to 1 ohm on a RF T2500.1 bdcp

I'm running Boston Acoustics SA series 746 4x6's in dash, S65 coaxial series 6.5's in doors adding pair of SC series component 6.5's in kick panels with a pair of RF P1 tweets on rear pillars. Just wanting to add some midbass to the sound stage to go along with the rest of my mids/highs and the 2 T2D412's wired to 1 ohm on a RF T2500.1 bdcp

No offence, but that's alot of speakers you have there already, and all over the place I may add. :D

No offence, but that's alot of speakers you have there already, and all over the place I may add. :D

those are the stock positions in my truck besides the rear tweeters and that's where the audio shop installed them when I originally had my setup installed,it does sound really crisp and clear though besides the tweets as I have never heard them but just found out that they put the tweet xovers behind the HU. It's all stripped right now as the truck is getting repainted so I'm going to be installing everything this time,might move the tweets from back to the front. I'm really trying not to get into doing a bunch of fiberglass work in it as of yet bcus I have already spent enough $ between the body shop and more audio equipment so I'm trying to keep speakers where they are right now but was planning on fiberglassing the midbass speakers on the doors.

Archived