So the past couple of days I've been re building my set up. I got another sa12 so I had to make a new box so decided to redo everything. Im really bad at taking pictures when I work and always forget so I didn't get that many. Now I don't have anything crazy so i don't expect people saying my set up sucks blablabla because i know its not amazing. I'm just here to share my shit. So here are some pics. I'll get some more tomorrow once i finish the front beauty panel.

first off, heres the car. Its a 98 oldsmobile Aurora. Shes a sleeper. Got a 4.0 32 valve northstar V8 under the hood.

IMG_0281_zps6b772143.jpg

Heres the box I made for the 2 sa12's. Its about 4.8 cubic feet tuned to 30 hz. I like the lows lol (nothing is glued together in this picture)IMG_1551_zps450ba759.jpg

Painted the port white. You'll see why later

IMG_1552_zps98242d21.jpg

I had to build the box in my trunk because my trunk opening is really small and the box is really big haha.

IMG_1576_zps865c71b3.jpg

5 inch wide port

IMG_1577_zps9eb4cfcc.jpg

Just decided I'd snap a shot of the Alpine Type R 6x9's while I was under there

IMG_1580_zpse77c1bbb.jpg

Heres the box pretty much all together. You can't see in the picture but I have supports in the middle from front to back and top to bottom. The amps on top..I took a piece of 1/4'' smoked plexi glass and put sliding rails on the side then mounted it to the box and then mounted the amps to that so I can slide the amps in and out when i need to access them or show them off.

IMG_1581_zpse9c20b93.jpg

Both subs in! IMG_1604_zpsbca779fe.jpg

Heres the amp rack slid out a little bit. they slide out more but i didn't have anything screwed down at this point so didn't want the amps falling off.

IMG_1606_zps43dfbe63.jpg

Night shot IMG_1624_zpsaa549150.jpg

And this is the reason I painted the port white.

IMG_1631_zps13394ae8.png

I'll upload more pictures tomorrow after I finish the beauty panel. I'm gonna wrap it in black vinyl. Hopefully will come out good. Let me know what you guys think of my build! I know its not "amazing" but im happy with it for now. Hopefully getting an aq2200 soon to replace the hifonics.

Looks good dude, Try sliding the box back a couple inches if you can. You could be choking the subs/port.

1996 GMC Sonoma
Four Fi BTL Neo 18's In 2:1 6th Order Bandpass
2 Ampere 5k's @ .5

TEAM FI
TEAM #LITHIUMCANTDEMO

On 10/20/2013 at 0:37 AM, KillaCam said:

Fucking with a Prius driver is like making fun of a disabled kid. Pussies.

Archived