Second Skin Audio

In need of a box/ideas

Here's the deal. I have these 2 RF T2 15's (new model). for my daily driver and not much of a competitor, they pound. But, i have them in pre-fab boxes :( i dont want to build a box because im just too damn lazy. A friend of mine works at an audio shop so im here to gather some ideas. the 2 boxes together measure 17.5H,42W, 17.5D ported. they are garbage. what do you guys think would work?

2006 Impala LS

Pioneer AVH-P4300dvd

"Big 3" 0awg

Iraggi 320a alt.

XS D3400 hood

Kinetik 2000 rear

XS XP3000 rear

2 XS D3100 rear

Knoknoise back half of car

Crescendo 3500

Dual power/ground runs

Toolmaker dual inputs and battery terminals

2 Sundown Zv4 12's

6.8cu. ft. gross 4.8nettuned 30hz

Well first off your right at 6 cubes with the box you have now so after all displacement from subs and port your probably anywhere between 4.5 - 5.5 cubes after displacement depending on box tuning and all that. As for ideas, Id go with a sub up port back idea like you would find in most SUVs, however this all depends on what vehicle it is going in and If you're looking for an all around good tuning to get the lows and still be able to play everyday music then tune somewhere in the range of 32-36 Hz. IMO of course. Im sure some people would argue the higher notes, but that is always up to you.

its in an 06 impala... they r in 2 separate boxes, those were the outside dimensions of them in the trunk.

2006 Impala LS

Pioneer AVH-P4300dvd

"Big 3" 0awg

Iraggi 320a alt.

XS D3400 hood

Kinetik 2000 rear

XS XP3000 rear

2 XS D3100 rear

Knoknoise back half of car

Crescendo 3500

Dual power/ground runs

Toolmaker dual inputs and battery terminals

2 Sundown Zv4 12's

6.8cu. ft. gross 4.8nettuned 30hz

Ok, so each box is 42" W? Look if that is the combined width of the two boxes, the numbers are basically the same, you might lose like .05 - .10 cubic feet with them being in different boxes. but other than that the 4.5 - 5.5 cubes is the same. Just divide it in 2 to get what each box comes out to be. Either way you'll probably want to build a custom box for them and since they're in a trunk, you can do sub back port back or sub back port forward or sub forward port forward, all depends on what you want it to look like, sound like, and how much fab work you want to do or have done.

Man you gotta go with your own box. I was just like you I wanted to get by without building a box, but I never really enjoyed listening to my system until after I built the box. The hardest part is the designing of it and all you need for that is a couple of computer programs and some time.

Archived