DC Sound Lab

Curious. I have several options. And not a Vs. thread.

Not looking as to why one is better than the other. just want to know what you would do if you had the options.

Amp Setup will be the same for all. 1 - DC 2.0K

Sub options are as follows.

1 - 12" Level 5.

or

4 - 8"m3.

or

3 - 10" Level 3.

or

2 - 12" Level 4xl

Just want to know why you would do it. I really want a clean system with a nice sound...

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

I don't know the specs for the 8"m3's so I can't really tell you there. But you would be underpowering either setups with a single 2k. For the least amount of underpowering, three 10" level 3's would be okay, probably providing you excellent output for the power. Clean power. As for clarity, that's all box.

Car: 2011 Ford Taurus SEL / Alt: DC Power 270XP (Will be here 7/17!!!)

Deck: Pioneer AVIC-Z140BH / Amps: (1) DC 5.0k, (1) RF T400-2

Speaks: RF T2652-S 6.5" and RF T1692 6x9"

Subs: (2) DC XLm2 15's / Batts: (2) XS XP3000's

Wiring: Kolossus Fleks Kable 1/0 (2 runs)

You would be under powering each set up by alot, especially the lvl 5 and the 2 xl 12's. Defiantly need a bigger amp for those two. Now, im not sure the specs on the m3lvl8 but if anything that may be the closest match for the power your running

Edit: and remember, you more than likely after rise and whatnot, wil not see the FULL 2,000 rms from the amp.

Edited by Names_jeff

I know When I had my 3 10" level 3's on my old SAZ-1500 it was Sweet and no clipping wired to .6667 ohm. I really want the new 8" coming out but not sure on a release date. And CJ you know the Actual size of the level 5 i am talking about.

Plus I might start upgrading my electrical to allow me to run 2 2.0K and several batteries.

PPI dbl din
DC Level 3
1.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.
DC audio 2.0k
CT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear

dc_audio.jpg

Out of all of the options, I would go with the 4 8s. That is going to match the power you have the closest. Everything else will be grossly underpowered.

I have 4 DC 8"s. obviously not the M3, but was running them on my Memphis 4K at 1 ohm. After box rise the subs were taking it like a champ. I think 2k on 4 M3 8"s would be severely under powering. But thats just my opinion.

But out of the given choices that's what I would go with. :)

Edited by herbykw

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

I would do the 4 8s or 3 10s...The 10s are more cone area and would allow you to wire to .66, the 8s however could be wired to .5. I wouldnt even consider the other choices with the power on tap

Team Flex Issues

Low tuning > God

2011 CALI AS1 STATE CHAMP