Sundown Audio

2013 Hifonics BRZ Line

iwannabeloud

because its cheap. some people dont quite grasp that an amp that claims 1500 watts at half the price isnt the same as an amp that does 1500 plus watts reliably because its twice the price.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BRZ and BXI line have done close to rated, if not rated. Same with some of the older models of amps. The new lines like the HFI are complete bullshit.

Nate and Joe are correct though, BRZ1200 for $140 isn't that bad at all.

And you'll hear the argument a lot... "it's not bad for the price"....

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

I gotta agree, those terminal lights are overkill lol

My name is AdamThis is my Civic Build.7" Samsung Tab 2Kenwood KDC-X896Clarion EQS746Sundown X-15DC 3.5k @2ohmHatersGonnaHate's 02 Civic UBLELD Bypass for Honda Civic/Accord/FitDon's Jeep Grand Cherokee Rebuild

N8ball2013 - i think you'd stick your dick in a blender if it told you it was 40 wtih two kids your age. lol

srp365 - If posting were picking up bitches, I'd be going home single tonight

looks like tony montana sneezed in your car.

VbjgkeI.jpg

kNsESzw.jpg

Not to start a war or anything but for those of you saying you hate hifonics and would never run them is there a true reason? Have you ever run them? Or do you hate them because they have lights and because they make other brands that you hate? Or because youve heard stories of them? Ill admit they not be the greatest amps but the good lines they do have (brutus collosus brutus elite) are still some damn good amps. The "don't judge a book my its cover" pops up in my head. I run the brz 1700 and if I had the money I'd get the new one. Current one is at sonic for rma on the bass knob or something. But I've ran that amp hard as hell the last 7+ months and it took every second of it like a champ and never got hot never failed. They are a great budget amp and really arent power hungry like everyone seems to say they are. What if I said I hate one of the respected brands on here because they are built in the same build house as a POS amp? Same thing. Don't knock them unless youve tried them personally. But it does depend on the application for those angled terminals. They can be good or bad just depends.

End rant.

i wouldnt be giving any amp line credit for lasting 7 months and then say something about it being RMA'd for any issue whatsoever. Yours or anyones amp for that matter should be working indefinitely. Angled terminals...i hate them, i hate them on expensive amps all the same as i hate them on this cheap amps.

Hifonic's is actually probably one of the better entry level mainstream brands that does rated, rather pick it over power hungry Kenwood, Alpine monoblocks, Soundstream, and definitely over Audiopipe( in my opinion ).

2003 Kia Sorento

Team Subsonic Lows
Team Bassin' on a Budget

2016 Rebuild Under Construction

Best score: 150.2 at 40hz (3k, 2 Custom HDC3 15's) Usaci style(door open, in the kick)

Not to start a war or anything but for those of you saying you hate hifonics and would never run them is there a true reason? Have you ever run them? Or do you hate them because they have lights and because they make other brands that you hate? Or because youve heard stories of them? Ill admit they not be the greatest amps but the good lines they do have (brutus collosus brutus elite) are still some damn good amps. The "don't judge a book my its cover" pops up in my head. I run the brz 1700 and if I had the money I'd get the new one. Current one is at sonic for rma on the bass knob or something. But I've ran that amp hard as hell the last 7+ months and it took every second of it like a champ and never got hot never failed. They are a great budget amp and really arent power hungry like everyone seems to say they are. What if I said I hate one of the respected brands on here because they are built in the same build house as a POS amp? Same thing. Don't knock them unless youve tried them personally. But it does depend on the application for those angled terminals. They can be good or bad just depends.

End rant.

i wouldnt be giving any amp line credit for lasting 7 months and then say something about it being RMA'd for any issue whatsoever. Yours or anyones amp for that matter should be working indefinitely. Angled terminals...i hate them, i hate them on expensive amps all the same as i hate them on this cheap amps.

I am getting it rma'd because the bassknob got shorted somehow and blew that control section of amp. Only have the problem when knob is plugged in. No problems. I just like the use of my bassknob so I'm getting that figured out. I can say that amp can take a beating and will keep going. It would last much longer probably. I planned on upgrading but no money at this point. But to each their own. I like the amps and will continue running them.

My SPL to SQ Build Log

Vehicle:
1997 Dodge Dakota Ext Cab 4x4 2009 Dodge Journey SXT
5.2L V8 Magnum 3.5L V6
Stock Alt

Equipment:

Headunit- Alpine CDE-147BT

Mids/Highs Amp- JL Audio G6600 Class AB 6 Channel

Sub Amp- Hifonics BRZ1700.1D @ 2 Ohms Taramps DSP3000.1D

Sub- Hertz Hi Energy 12" HX300D SounDrive SDA3 12

Tweeters- Rockford Fosgate Power Series Silk Domes Hertz Hi-Energy

Mids- Dayton Audio Reference 4" Full Range Drivers 

Midbass- Silver Flute 6.5" Hertz Hi-Energy 6.5"

Processor- MiniDSP 2x4

RCA- 6 channels of SounDrive HF series

Wire- EB Flex 2/0

-Member of Team SounDrive

Yours or anyones amp for that matter should be working indefinitely.

LOL! Which fantasy land do you live in? They are electronics, they degrade

which world do you live in....ive never had an amp blow at all. but then again i dont use entry level in any of my personal stuff. Ive messed with a TON of amps and hifonics are more prone to dumb endings then more quality based amps.

i love that every single year a new "line" comes out at hifonics and all the entry level guys chime in that they do power and they are awesome amps lmao no thanks .

Archived