Sundown Audio

Skar 1500 on a Sundown SA-8v2

Hi-Po 5.0

Anyone run this setup? Or know if it would work? I've seen plenty of people on youtube do it, but not sure if its done right... dual 2, running it at 1 ohm. Just looking for some feedback on this.

93' Exploder

Deck:Pioneer 6400-bt

Front Stage: Crescendo PWX 8"s and Skar Audio VX1-ST per door

Amps: Sundown Audio SAZ-3500 v1 @.375 ohm daily, CT Sounds 125.2

Subwoofer: Two PSI Platform 2 18"s,Fully Loaded D1.5's

Enclosure: B Pillar Fourth Order, 3:1 ratio tuned at 46 (Designed by Low Hertz Box Designs)

Wire: All Sky High Car Audio Cable!

Alternator: Singer 250 amp Hairpin

Batteries: XS Power D975

Team Audio Connections

im running an sa 8 v2 on my crossfire 1700 @ 1 ohm. just make sure the box is small, like .5 cubes. my current box is wayyy too big @ .75. tune to ~35hz with 12 sq in of port roughly

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

sweet. friends have been talking me into it, just wanna make sure tho. thanks for the input man, i appreciate it.

93' Exploder

Enclosure: B Pillar Fourth Order, 3:1 ratio tuned at 46 (Designed by Low Hertz Box Designs)

Team Audio Connections

i am not recommending this for a beginner. you have to be very careful, it can be done and has been done. but that doesnt mean it SHOULD be done. mine didnt like being on two 1700s strapped @ 1 lol

Team NWSPL

baaudio Build Log

2001 GMC Sierra walkthrough

4 Mechman Elite 370s, 10 AGM batteries, 3 Crossfire XS v2 18s, Crossfire 8k

The sub can't do anything with all that extra power. There is really no need to run more than 500-750 to it. I don't see why everyone loves to pummel these 8s with power. The sub was designed to run on 500W RMS, and throwing 1000W or more is just creating more mechanical stress and thermal stress. The sub CAN take it, but you're not gaining anything by throwing that much power at it.

Im not the one you want to try to troll. Just a fyi for you.

i am not recommending this for a beginner. you have to be very careful, it can be done and has been done. but that doesnt mean it SHOULD be done. mine didnt like being on two 1700s strapped @ 1 lol

Forsure. I'm not a begginer. Would all be tuned in with the DD-1 and done right, with a good solid box. Wouldn't be using it for db, just eveyrday setup.

The sub can't do anything with all that extra power. There is really no need to run more than 500-750 to it. I don't see why everyone loves to pummel these 8s with power. The sub was designed to run on 500W RMS, and throwing 1000W or more is just creating more mechanical stress and thermal stress. The sub CAN take it, but you're not gaining anything by throwing that much power at it.

not doing it to overpower it. Just dont want to buy a sa 8 and a 400 bucks on a good solid amp to push it and then have to buy a bigger amp later down the road whenever i want to change my setup. just getting the 1500 for future setups. not to be stupid with.

93' Exploder

Team Audio Connections

Remember just cause you set it with the dd-1 doesnt mean it's all good you still need common sense and know your system

And use the 0db track since you have alot of extra power no need for using a -5 or -10

yea. just meant im not gunna hook it up and max gain it with half bass boost like most idiots around where i live... *facepalm*

93' Exploder

Team Audio Connections

Archived