DC Sound Lab

Could I Run A DC Audio 12k On My New Electrical System?

Just curious as I'm currently upgrading my electrical. I'd consider the 12k to be up there with some of the much bigger amps out there which I'm sure most will agree on. Could I run a 12k with this electrical:

Dual 225 Amp Alternators

2 x 1300 CCA 200aH Delkor 8D-1300

1 x Optima YellowTop 750 CCA 55aH

I get that the electrical may be so poor for this amp that this post may seem like a joke. But I'd genuinely like to know, Thanks.

(Old Car) 1995 Volkswagon Golf MK3 2.0L:

Fi SP4 18 On A DC Audio 3.5K In A PWK Box

Hertz DSK 6" Speakers, Clarion HU

3x Fullriver 120aH AGM's, 225A Alt

2012 Subaru BRZ:

Audison Prima APK 163

Bit One, Rockford Amps, Audison Sub

Just curious as I'm currently upgrading my electrical. I'd consider the 12k to be up there with some of the much bigger amps out there which I'm sure most will agree on. Could I run a 12k with this electrical:

Dual 225 Amp Alternators

2 x 1300 CCA 200aH Delkor 8D-1300

1 x Optima YellowTop 750 CCA 55aH

I get that the electrical may be so poor for this amp that this post may seem like a joke. But I'd genuinely like to know, Thanks.

The best thing i can say man is, you need to add up the total amount of Amps that your car would be pulling if you ran that monster. Before we can give a good answer we would have to know how many mids and high amps you are planning on running and work with it from there. Honestly from my opinion considering a Dc 12k is underrated i would say with your current electrical system it would be enough to turn it on and (Maybe) run it on low power. The lower the ohm load depends on it aswell. I'd say you could probably throw 2 more of those batteries on it (4 total plus optima) and you would be perfectly fine. Again this information is just from what ive seen, somebody will probably chime in thats ran one before or currently runs one.