extra batt help

I would get a bigger iso being that you're running a crescendo 2k but if you have 2 yellow tops then you won't need an iso

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jesus you don't need a damn isolator.lol. everyone acts like hooking up two different brand batteries will kill the better of the batteries. If that were the case, then even if you hooked up two of the same brand battery, the stronger one would be killed by the weaker one. Which, has SOME SMALL amounts of truth to it IF one battery was drastically weaker than the other. BUT if you actually take care of these batteries like you're supposed to, and put them on a charger frequently and not rely on your alternator both batteries will last tons of time.

That $80 you would spend on that isolator will buy you a good AGM battery charger that you can use to keep your batteries in as best shape as possible.

Look at any of the big build's with batteries in the back... none have isolators

1999 Ford ExplorerTeam Sundown Audio4th 2012 Db Drag WF Street Stock 150.8dbYoutube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/BoomyurblownOperation 156 No wall Build Log!http://www.stevemead...x/#entry2196123

Jesus you don't need a damn isolator.lol. everyone acts like hooking up two different brand batteries will kill the better of the batteries. If that were the case, then even if you hooked up two of the same brand battery, the stronger one would be killed by the weaker one. Which, has SOME SMALL amounts of truth to it IF one battery was drastically weaker than the other. BUT if you actually take care of these batteries like you're supposed to, and put them on a charger frequently and not rely on your alternator both batteries will last tons of time.

That $80 you would spend on that isolator will buy you a good AGM battery charger that you can use to keep your batteries in as best shape as possible.

Look at any of the big build's with batteries in the back... none have isolators

This ^^

If you run a wet cell up front and an AGM in the back , use an isolator. If you park and play without the car running and your worried about draining your starting battery, use an isolator.

Kenwood KIV-701
Crescendo BC2000D
DC Audio lvl3 w/ lvl4 upgrade, 18''
6ft^3 @ 27hz
MBquart ONX 4.125
(2) PWX 6.5

(2) PWX 8
(2) FT1
300amp Singer with VCM @14.5
Optima YT & D1200
My Build Log
dcsig.jpg

every company has their niche market. hifonics has successfully captured the average ignorant teenage boy.

Dont trip.. Ive never won anything in my life. Spite a 10lb cock and a bucket of balls at birth,......
Yeah.. like i said, nothing in my life. :shrug: meh, im cool with it, fuck it.

some of what you said might be true but those big builds also have same brand batteries with similar specs. and FYI I do have a Ctek multi us 702 agm charger and had my yellow top for 5 years now

I've never charged my yellow top battery lol had this mother fucker forever

That in itself is bad for the life of the battery. Literally, if you had the means to do so, it's not a bad idea to charge them every single day.

some of what you said might be true but those big builds also have same brand batteries with similar specs. and FYI I do have a Ctek multi us 702 agm charger and had my yellow top for 5 years now

IT DOESNT MATTER.lol. in terms of a chemical construction every battery is the same. They have lead in them. They have a case and Mat with absorbed acid in it. They all function the same. The only difference is the quality of construction and materials used. WHICH, is the same thing as saying you have one weak yellow top and one brand new one, for example. the brand new one would yield some of it's voltage to the weaker one to equalize the load. If you were to charge each battery regularly, than the effect of the batteries on each other would be minimum to none.

1999 Ford ExplorerTeam Sundown Audio4th 2012 Db Drag WF Street Stock 150.8dbYoutube Channel!http://www.youtube.com/user/BoomyurblownOperation 156 No wall Build Log!http://www.stevemead...x/#entry2196123

Archived