Mechman Alternators

Get more voltage for $75 - voltage boost module sale !!

interested if the ford 6G model is application specific? I have a 3g/6g case 340a alt on my explorer

As long as it uses a NON-PCM controlled standard 6G regulator, the AVBM will work .

with the voltage boost, with hot/cold effect what you put to the dial? say mine is 14.8v cold, 14.1v hot right now, if i set the dial to 14.5v hot, would that make it do 15.2v cold? Just dont want to hurt my OEM electrical stuff? anyone know what the highest voltage that is ok on OEM 1995 chevy stuff is?

Yes, we generally set them to 15.3 volts cold, so that they are in the high 14 volt range hot. 15.3 volts will not hurt anything on most vehicles. I run 16.8 volts on 14 volt batteries in my 2001 Silverado with no problems whatsoever.

The only thing you want to watch, is that you don't charge at 15.3 volts for more than a few minutes while the alt warms up. Most 12 volt batteries will start to swell above 14.7 volts or so, depending on amperage and ambient temp.

You guys are going to get lots of questions on this im sure, if you get time, private message me please:

any of those fit a ford fusion, 2007, what is the highest voltage you can run and still be considered safe, probably a dumb question but does this do anything to benefit the current amperage output of the car, or help sustain it more effectively?

Increasing the charging voltage will result in a very slight boost in amperage on most alternators, but not by much. It is not a replacement for a high output alternator.

At this time, we ONLY have AVBMs for 1986 - 2004 GMs, and Ford 6G alternators.

We arn't trying to be rude, but we don't have time to respond to application requests that are outside of that.

quick questioin if were runnign dual alt do we need one for each?

also i usually drop about 8 points on full tilt so if i set it around 15.5 colod an it drops to high 14s itl drop to low 14s?

also its a astro van 2000 chevy

Edited by joe562mma

quick questioin if were runnign dual alt do we need one for each?

also i usually drop about 8 points on full tilt so if i set it around 15.5 colod an it drops to high 14s itl drop to low 14s?

also its a astro van 2000 chevy

For an additional charge, we can build custom multiple alternator AVBM harnesses, assuming you are using matching GM alternators with standard regulators in them. We built them with a single female plug for the vehicle's OEM connector, then multiple male plugs for however many alternators you are running. The nice part, is that you can change the voltage of all of them together with a single dial. All we need to know is the length of wire you want in-between the plugs.