What's the best car alarm??

also looking for an alarm in the future, and will need automatic door locks too :P (those are 50 a door most of the time) but what do y'all think a good price for an alarm is like a compustar..? don't wanna get ripped off, but defiantly don't wanna cheap out and risk all my stuff getting stolen and it being more expensive in the long run..

sorry to thread jack :\

idea22.jpg ALL CREDIT TO XX1 FOR DC BANNER 3178gvp.jpg

down rpping vanderbilt. 30 miles from victoria. i own the 3rd loudest setup here out of 3. but i did put together all 3 setups

strapping 2 amps together ? like bolting them next together? using bungy cables to hold them down? or wiring separate amps to each sub

Had the Viper 5901 in my 10' Escape, worked great. Got the new viper 5704 that replaced the 5901. Works great so far too.

06 Police TahoeHU- Pioneer 80prsAmp- Crossfire 8kSub- 4 15" Crossfire xs v2sWire- 1/0 Knu/AudiotechnixAlt- 3 Mechman SMD 340sBatts- 6 XS Power 3100s, 2400

alarms and remote starts are not hard to put in, I did mine when I was 16 and knew nothing, just understood logic :P

2006 Mazda3 Hatchback Black 5 Spd Manual
Pioneer 4300DVD
2 Sundown SA-12 (34hz Tune, 3.22 cubes, 14.5 inches per cube, Triple Baffle)
Kicker 10ZX2500.1 (2845 RMS) Sub Amp
Kicker 11ZX650.4 (705 RMS) Mid Amp -- (3 Amps)
Kicker KQ3 Active Crossover
Kicker KQ30 Equalizer
Kicker 09QS60.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones)
Kicker 09QS65.2 Components (Woven Carbon Cones) - (3 Sets)
2/0 Gauge Electron Beam Technologies (3 Runs, 2 +, 1 -)

1/0 Gauge KNU Kollasal Flex (1 Run for -)

300 Ft Kicker X-Series 16 Gauge Speaker Wire
XS Power D3400 (Rear)
XS Power D3100 (Front)
Singer Externally Regulated Alternator (Being Built)

+ The Love for Car Audio and BASS <3

UBL Build Log <------- Click Here-------> Normal Build Log (For Comments)

• 4 weeks later...

Some may feel I'm biased because I work for DEI, but I've had their products in all of my cars BEFORE I started working for them. We have the most models, accessories and options so it's a lot easier to find something that suits your needs. I used to work for a company that installed both Compustar and Viper, and when it comes to security Viper, Python, Clifford (All the exact same platforms, different stickers) hands down were better. On a Viper for example you can hit start, lock, unlock, lock and start and it can do all of those commands pretty much as quickly as you can press the buttons. A Compustar can only do 1 command at a time, so if you accidentally hit start, you have to wait for your car to start, confirm that it started before you can shut it off. On a Viper you can hit start, and stop before the car ever starts. On the security side we have so many add on sensors and options that plug right in and work perfectly with our systems. From tilt sensors, to proximity sensors, voice modules, backup batteries, glass break sensors, you name it. My .02 cents as a certified installer and R&D+Technical Support employee of Directed Electronics.

Bone Stock 2006 Dodge Magnum SRT-8

• 1 month later...

Can't really go wrong with anything in the DEI lineup, Personally I swear by the older Cliffords (AG5) I only wish when DEI acquired Clifford they wouldn't have standardized the Clifford wiring to match the DEI wiring. Why make it easier for thieves.....

• 2 months later...

Compustar & DEI (Clifford, Python, Viper, etc) are the companies I was looking at before I pulled the trigger.

Omega brands beat dei, ease of installation and usability, dei has thousands of patents of stuff that omega was already using

2010 Ram 1500, Pioneer deh80prs,2-12" RE SXXv2's downfired in vinal wrapped center console box, kenwood 6x9's in the doors on a mtx 4 channel, viper 5901, big 3, kinetik 2000

Archived