Sundown Audio

JL w713.5 keeps killing my amps?

ThreehundredC

zip tied wires don't carry more current than unzip tied wires. 1500 watts is at the very end of the capabilities of 4g wire. You are, in theory anyway, trying to get more than 1500 watts and doing it at less than 1ohm. You are exceeding the capabilities of the wiring and likely suffering from significant voltage drop. This, on top of any clipping that already exists because the gains are not properly set is causing an excessive amount of strain on your amps, and in the end, killing them.

This is my guess anyway.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

wtf is an xterminator4000..lol. mtx? That sucks hes having this problem, it may all be do to human error..jlw7s are an expensive sub to be giving you these problems if you're saying its the subwoofers fault. your subwoofer is stupid, its at your command and the amps

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

They aren't saying its bad wires, you can tuck away 0g all day nice and neat but if your amp is demanding more power than your vehicle can put out, then having neat wires isn't going to matter at all.

upgrade the grounds and power wires from the alt (big 3). also test voltage at amp when your sub is playing see what resting voltage is and see where you drop too when playing.

running that amp at .75ohms will require better electrical period

Under Construction

2011 Malibu 1LT

12k DDM Tuning HID's 55W

Soundstream 6.5 components(front)

Inffinitty Kappa 6x9's (rear)

im leaning twards the electricals fault ..idk never seen an xterminator either but the shop "recomended it " he didnt wanna spend the shops price of $1200 on a jl 1200 and 1000 but now on amp 3 he's thinking he should have i told him itll burn up just like the others if u dont upgrade the other things too

and yea i know the wire wont be more powerful because its nice and neat.. but they were suggesting it was all a big mess of wires ran all over the truck i have no problem hidng or running bigger wires but when he got the last amp they ran all new wire idk why they ran just 4 gauge to such a big amp and the amps inputs were maxxed full (sure i could get reducers n such)

What I mean by that is the subwoofer will do what its told. If your impedance load is too low on your amp, and you don't have the electrical and monitoring your voltage it comes down to the user of the system being at fault. JL audio products are a bad starter if you're new. I mean, thats expensive stuff, my first car was a olds cutlass, my first girlfriend was white trash, and my first subs were volfenhags

2004 Grand Prix GT

(2) 12" RE XXXs (04/05 XBL^2)

5 cu. ft tuned @ 35 Hz

MMATS HD4000.05

MMATS SQ4100

Infinity Kappa components

Juice Box black cherry

Duralast platinum group 34

1/0 KNU OFC, 2/0 welding

Singer 250A

Archived