Second Skin Audio

A quality butyl deadener, such as the ones mentioned in this thread, rarely if ever need replaced since they really don't break down or contain compounds that degrade over time.

Products that contain high amounts of fillers or certain compounds (such as natural tar or bitumen) do breakdown, gas out, and degrade with even the simplest of changes in temperature or even exposure to the environment (air).

So to answer your question, some deadeners do get old and lose their effectiveness and others don't.

Personal experience, going on 7-8 years with ZERO degradation with my original Damplifier Pro. ;).gif

So how about the B-stock,will it last like the pro will?

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B-stock is the same product, just with imperfections. Be it the thickness of the butyl (too thick or too thin), scuffed or scratched foil, or slightly damaged/wrinkled sheets.

It has the same butyl mixture as the other products, so it will hold up just fine.

Edited by Second Skin Rep Jon

Have a question about Second Skin? E-Mail me!

usa_render4.png

A quality butyl deadener, such as the ones mentioned in this thread, rarely if ever need replaced since they really don't break down or contain compounds that degrade over time.

Products that contain high amounts of fillers or certain compounds (such as natural tar or bitumen) do breakdown, gas out, and degrade with even the simplest of changes in temperature or even exposure to the environment (air).

So to answer your question, some deadeners do get old and lose their effectiveness and others don't.

Personal experience, going on 7-8 years with ZERO degradation with my original Damplifier Pro. ;).gif

dang got me beat by 1-2 years. lol remember the OG damplier pro in the gigantic sheets? that shit was a b to work with but if u had a flat spot one sheet and ur trunk is done

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

LOL yeah I remember OG Damp Pro... that sh*t was insane to work with. If I ever pull my headliner out, I'll get to see a few full sheets of the stuff. lol

024.jpg

Oh what fun that was to install...

usa_render4.png

It was.

And of course this was before I knew anything about sound deadening and followed everyone else and thought more was better. lol I have probably three times what I really need.

usa_render4.png

lol i dont know if i have 3X what i need but im sure i have more then i need. ah good ol days

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

So is it any different if it were in a box.. I got a few boxes I purchase for Black Friday sale and its just sitting in my room will that loose its effectiveness.. I'm planning to buy a new Tahoe around June or July so I'm buying the stuff I need now..

he wouldnt be the first to say they did a 167 with a system like that (one that clearly DOESNT), but i have to say, he didnt beat me anywhere, ive never competed against the guy. If he thinks his does a 167, mine would probably put him in a coma. :hairtrick:

So is it any different if it were in a box.. I got a few boxes I purchase for Black Friday sale and its just sitting in my room will that loose its effectiveness.. I'm planning to buy a new Tahoe around June or July so I'm buying the stuff I need now..

It should be fine to leave it in the box, it's no different than it being on their shelf