Universal Wheels??? Urban Myth!!!!

i worked at a tire shop for years, we get these idiots aswell lol

last time we had a cadi with 22s, the holes in the wheels were ovals not circles SMH

i hate the double drilled wheels where bolt bolt patterns seem to fit but one is right and one is wrong, gotta break out the measuring tool

you don't work at DT anymore???

dont wanna put where exactly i work when talking bad about customers :pardon:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5-114.3 or 5-4.5, and yes same for any size.... I've been a tire and wheel retailer for years and my explanation usually is you can't make 20-30 different bolt patterns on one wheel, and as stated above the correct term is dual drilled. Its all about educating people who clearly have no idea what they are talking about and just want some RIMZ lol

2017 Honda Accord Touring 

Build coming soon

I have been a tire technician for about 9 years now and a lot of people come in my shop and say "Hey i got these Universal Wheels that i got from a friend of mine and i wanna put them on my car." When i tell them there is no such thing as a "UNIVERSAL WHEEL" they give me the puzzled look! I'm going to give you guys who are looking for wheels a little knowledge on bolt patterns.

The Bolt Pattern (PCD) is the number of wheel studs of the vehicle and the spacing from the center stud to the next. For example a Dodge Charger has a bolt pattern of 5x115mm meaning that the vehicle has 5 wheel studs and each stud is 115mm away from the adjacent stud.

Here is where a lot of people get confused. They purchase a set of wheels with TEN lug holes and think that it will fit ANY five lug vehicle which is not the case. The proper term is DUAL DRILLED meaning that that wheel is drilled for TWO different auto makes. Example: A wheel that has a bolt pattern of 5x115 and 5x120 will fit a vehicle that has a 5x115 bolt pattern AND a vehicle with a 5x120 bolt pattern but NO OTHER BOLT PATTERN!

I'll take it a step futher. Let's say that you have a dual drilled wheel that has a bolt pattern of 5x115mm( lug pattern of most passenger vehicles) and a 5x112mm (lug pattern for Mercedes) The difference between the spacing of the studs is 3mm. So could you put the 5x115 bolt pattern on a 5x112 car? NO! The 3mm makes a big difference. The lug nuts (or lug bolts) will not seat to the wheel properly and could cause the wheel to come off while driving!!!

yep... I learned about this when a friend of mine sold me his 5x115 20s (which he told me were universal 5 bolt wheels and would fit anything with 5 bolts) and I went to get tires put on them and get them mounted and found out my car needed 5x108 so instead of putting the rims that my neighbor sold me for $100 cuz he wasn't using them and we've known eachother for like 24 years I had to sell them back to him and wound up renting some from rent n roll for a week and then my dad realizing how horrible an idea that was loaned me $1600 for some rims that would actually fit my car

Thanks I was pretty excited about the alt myself. kind of like a school girl, in a dress, on a swing. lol

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

My Build Log

• 3 months later...

5-114.3 or 5-4.5, and yes same for any size.... I've been a tire and wheel retailer for years and my explanation usually is you can't make 20-30 different bolt patterns on one wheel, and as stated above the correct term is dual drilled. Its all about educating people who clearly have no idea what they are talking about and just want some RIMZ lol

So if im looking for a rim does this go 5 x 114.3 or do i just search for 5 x114.3? sorry for my ignorance on rims

so a knock off wheel ( Dayton wire wheel) is a universal wheel assuming you get the correct adapter

Edit : assuming the offset is correct

2 12" Jeff Vue Customs
1 set MB Quart FSB 216 in doors
1 American Bass 100.1 on sub
1 Hertz EP2 on doors
JVC deck IPOD control
Stock 105 amp alt
DD-1
big 3
new build in Chevy caviler http://www.stevemead...chevy-cavalier/

last set up in the ZX2 http://www.stevemead...-current-build/

old build log http://www.stevemead...-1998-ford-zx2/

Gold is the money of kings, silver is the money of gentlemen, debt is the money of slaves. Just my .02c

that shop needs keep those doors open so they have to charge for it

if people think 10k is a lot then they should get into other hobbies.. like masturbating, cause any hobby cost money to maintain

Lol no, I'm smarter than that bro haha. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..............go fuck yourself lol

I had some slotted American Racing wheels one time. Wouldn't that be considered a universal 5 lug of sorts?

First Gen Xterra: Always changing

DNX 690HD

RF 360.3
RF T3002
RF T4004
RF T10001bd
Silver Flute 6.5"s
Tang Band 1" Tweeters
Sundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz

Trust me .25 Blows your Load.

Archived