the router/modem, whichever you use to set the DMZ device will remember which device is the DMZ by its MAC address.

so even if it moves ports or you reset the settings on the device, it will still have the same IP on the router/modem.

ive never seen or heard of any issues with devices running dmz.

i have my wireless N access point as my DMZ device so my ipad and ipad mini and laptop are open to all ports.

now granted i cant see my two desktops FROM my laptop, but i can see my laptop FROM my two desktops.

i can also SSH into my ipad from my desktop.

when setting a DMZ device, the router/modem will HAVE to be rebooted.

if a DMZ device is already set, both devices must be rebooted/shutdown.

there can only be ONE DMZ device.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh.. maybe thats is why.

Cuz i also set up the MAC for that IP, and then DMZ, and i did reboot.

Guess from not knowing WTF, i did ok?!?!

ALso, this 200 dollar router was great great help. Just drop down tabs... click, and do...

i usually set my xbox or gaming device to the DMZ device and leave the gaming device to auto retrieve the IP address and DNS. DMZ allows ALL traffic, so anything that says NAT moderate to severe after that, is not from your end. this is a great guide, but i would suggest just setting your xbox/ps3 for the DMZ device and it will work golden, any connection issues after that is not on your end.

Thanks man, so basically it would be best to just do the DMZ host and leave the xbox to automatic? My only question is would I have to set the DMZ host to the xbox IP every time I start up? since you have to set it to the specific IP, or will it remain the same once I set it the first time?

i usually set my xbox or gaming device to the DMZ device and leave the gaming device to auto retrieve the IP address and DNS. DMZ allows ALL traffic, so anything that says NAT moderate to severe after that, is not from your end. this is a great guide, but i would suggest just setting your xbox/ps3 for the DMZ device and it will work golden, any connection issues after that is not on your end.

Depending on your router doing this can cause issues with other devices on your network, just beware of that.

I thought that the only issues happened if you set a PC as the host since you would be more exposed to hacking? But that xbox's were alright?

I don't know about that I just know of people who have had problems with other devices working at all (failure to connect or pages not loading) after enabling DMZ mode on another device.

I'm gonna hate

sounds like their personal problem from not knowing what they're doing.

luckily automatic ip/dns settings fix pretty much every issue.

if they dont, you can manually set a static ip. its just a matter of copy and pasting the dmz ip address.

09 Civic EX

KDC-X395

(2) SKAR Audio VVX-12

Skar Audio SK-1500.1

4 cu ft @32 (new box and more port soon)

Firing Forward not sealed off

Stock 80 Amp Alt

Big 3 In 1/0 Knu

2 Runs To The Back 1 Pos 1 Neg In 1/0 Knu

DD-1'd 13.8v drop

I also tried what Sheena said but I'm waiting for my mom to get off her laptop and desktop until I can evaluate it fairly, she could lag a office buildings T4 LAN with how many windows and tabs she has open at once........................

Edit: Even with her on both PC's, I still don't have any lag so thats a +

I've hit about 500 tabs before :P

Some were duplicates, since I forgot I had already opened the item in another tab for later reading.

If i use her PC to print a power point or something I swear on my life that sometimes she has so many windows open that it takes me like 30 seconds of clicking minimize as fast as possible just to get to the desktop or something, and it you minimize the browser with the tab you were on, forget it, its like trying to find the needle in the needle stack....................

And thanks for clarifying Sheena, I forgot to put that in the directions but yes, a reboot is required with all of these big changes. I have mine set to the DMZ and everything is running good, I downloaded the DLC pack @1.86GB in about 6 minutes and i had my pc on doing things the whole time too, so not bad at all

As far as connection problems with DMZ and other devices I've been clear, if there was an issue my mom would have bitched about it by now.....

Biomedical/Behavioral Science Major, The (Self-Proclaimed) Undisputed-Homemade-Woofer-King

Super-Neodymium-Woofer Build Log: The D4BA-V.2 http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/169236-diy-super-neodymium-woofer-build-log/?p=2475620

Fucking love Alan you goddamned fucking super nerd lol

When Alan uses big words I don't understand

It's warming up enough that the donut-punching cyclist douchenozzles are getting their two wheeled fagmobiles out.

Everytime I see a guy driving a mini cooper I cant help but think he loves cock & (2/29/16)-My wife just bitched at me about throwing out things we don't really use. My response of well we don't really use your vagina so should we throw that out was evidently not the right response. I had to leave the room.

I missed Alan.

RIP 5/29/15 - I love you son.

Has anyone tried this (Kylar) and noticed an improvement on the ps3? I know you said you have Allen for the xbox. I know this was all started because of COD or at least 95% because of it. Not sure how many other games do lag compensation, at least on the level of Cod. I've actually pretty much quit COD because of that lag crap.

Sheena = pedobear

Has anyone tried this (Kylar) and noticed an improvement on the ps3? I know you said you have Allen for the xbox. I know this was all started because of COD or at least 95% because of it. Not sure how many other games do lag compensation, at least on the level of Cod. I've actually pretty much quit COD because of that lag crap.

I ran it this way all night while playing with Ryan, Laura, and PROMAX. It seemed ok ?!?. But, you know how blops2 can run 2 seperate ways from one game to the next.

Also, we all had some connection issues which seemed because of the new version update. I havent had to hard start my PS3 (while playing blop2) since the first week of launch, and i had to do it twice last night.

In short, hard to tell if my ps that is DMZ'd, ran any different than Laura's PS that is 5 feet away, Hooked up to the same ish..... ??? Ill let ya know, and i feel you on the games frustrations...... trust me, many a controler has been bounced off the floor....

Also, for the PS users, and Sheena, let me ask you this.

When you do a network speed test on the PS, what does your nat type say? I guess it is from 1 - 3 . What do all yours say?

Now, i dont care, and i know that the speed results on the PS are a joke at best, but, i would have thought that when i when DMZ, than i would be fully open, and have a NAT type of 1. But, sadly, its still a 2.

Did i not DMZ correctly ?

Am i full retard ?